Rocketfish Support

Question 10: The data transfer between the computer and device is slow.

[ Edited ]
  • Your system may be operating at USB 2.0 speeds due to incorrect driver installation of the USB 3.0 adapter card. Or you may have a system that does not support USB 3.0. If your system includes a PCIe slot, you can achieve SuperSpeed USB transfer rates by installing a USB 3.0 PCIe adapter card.

• Make sure the enclosure is connected to a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Transfer speeds are optimal/best with your hard drive enclosure if you are using USB 3.0 ports. Data throughput is greatly affected by the type and location of data on the disk. A few very large files will copy much faster than many small files since the larger files are more likely to be arranged sequentially on the disk.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: My backup button doesn’t work.

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure you have installed the Roxio Back On Track software program from the included CD.
    • If the Roxio software has been installed successfully, an icon will appear in the toolbar when Windows is booting.
  • Have you set up a backup in the Roxio program? If not, see “Creating a new Backup Files project” in your User Guide.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: Why can’t I format my hard drive?

[ Edited ]

Verify that you are logged into the computer with an account that has Administrator Rights. If that does not resolve the issue, contact your hard drive manufacturer or PC manufacturer for assistance.

Rocketfish Support

Question 13: Why can’t I partition my hard drive?

[ Edited ]

Verify that you are logged into the computer with an account that has Administrator Rights. If that does not resolve the issue, contact your hard drive manufacturer or PC manufacturer for assistance.

Rocketfish Support

Question 14: My hard drive is 2TB, are there any unique issues?

[ Edited ]

Make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed on Windows XP. With the latest Service Pack, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 should recognize up to a 2TB drive.

Rocketfish Support

Question 15: Is RAID or JBOD supported?

[ Edited ]

No.

Rocketfish Support

Question 16: Why do I keep seeing 8 GB hard drive space (no partition)?

[ Edited ]

This is most likely because this space was either not partitioned or initialized when the hard drive was formatted. Another reason is that when the hard drive has been removed improperly, a ghost drive can be created on the computer which confuses the computer into thinking there is still usable space. It is best to turn off the dock and reboot your system.

Rocketfish Support

Question 17: Do I need drivers?

[ Edited ]

No, once the hard drive is connected to your computer, your computer automatically detects and sets up your drive. The hard drive enclosure does not require any special drivers. Both Windows & Mac have pre-loaded drivers.

Rocketfish Support

Question 18: What do the LEDs mean?

[ Edited ]
  • If the LED is solid, the hard drive is turned on.
  • If the LED is flashing, data is being transferred between your computer and the hard drive.
  • If the LED is off, the hard drive is turned off.
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: What hard drives are compatible with the enclosure?

[ Edited ]

The enclosure should work with any 2.5” hard drive. This number refers to the inner disk diameter. All 2.5” hard drives are just under 2.75” wide by about four inches (4") long. The height, or thickness, of a 2.5” hard drive is typically 9mm. Some models are 12mm thick, but those will unfortunately not fit in this enclosure.