Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish AC Power Adapter for Most Netbooks (RF-NBAC) FAQs (12-0025)

[ Edited ]

Setup Questions

Question 1: How do I set up my Power Adapter?

Tip Questions

Question 2: What tip should I use for my netbook?

Question 3: How do I use the online Tip Wizard?

Question 4: What if my netbook model is not listed in the online Tip Wizard?

Question 5: After selecting my netbook model in the online Tip Wizard, I receive the message “No Pro...

Question 6: After selecting my netbook model in the online Tip Wizard, a compatible tip is displayed...

Question 7: After selecting my netbook model, I receive the message “The netbook model is not compat...

Question 8: My tip is not included in the packaging, how do I order a new one?

Question 9: How do I connect the tip to the adapter cable?

Question 10: Why doesn’t the tip fit into my netbook?

Question 11: Will using an incorrect tip damage my netbook?

Power Questions

Question 12: The adapter powers my netbook but does not charge my battery. What can I do?

Question 13: The label on my Rocketfish adapter says DC OUTPUT: 12-19V but my netbook is only 17V. W...

Question 14: The Rocketfish adapter is a 40 watt continuous power adapter but my netbook is less tha...

Question 15: The Rocketfish adapter is a 40 watt continuous power adapter but my netbook is more tha...

General Questions

Question 16: What other netbooks can I use this adapter with?

Question 17: Can I use this adapter with any other devices?

Question 18: Does this adapter work with laptops?

Question 19: Does this adapter work with Mac computers?

Question 20: I noticed that the adapter is warm when I use it. Is this a problem?

Question 21: How long is the cord from the wall to the netbook?

Question 22: How should I wrap the cables for travel?

Question 23: If I leave the adapter plugged in when I’m not using it, does it waste energy?

Question 24: Can I get more information about this Power Adapter?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my Power Adapter?

[ Edited ]
  • Have you tried using your User Guide to help you through this process? If more help is needed please follow the steps below.
  • To setup the AC Power Adapter:
  1. Locate your netbook manufacturer and model in the "Tip Compatibility Guide", which is a booklet that came with your power adapter, or go to http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-NBAC.html. Once on the product page, click on the Tip Wizard link under “Which Tip Should I Use?” in a red box along the right side of the screen or click the Manuals and Support tab to find the Tip Wizard (Power Tip Configurator).
  2. Identify the correct tip number for your netbook model.
    CAUTION: The use of an incorrect tip may damage your netbook. Do not use this product if you cannot locate your netbook model in the Tip Compatibility Guide (included with your adapter) or by using the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com. This AC power adapter is not compatible with Mac computers.
    NOTE: If the compatible tip for your device is not included in the adapter package, one free tip can be ordered through the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com. Use the Tip Wizard to locate your device manufacturer and model, then click “Add to Cart” and follow the on-screen instructions to receive your free tip.
  3. Locate the specified tip from the tip bundle provided. Each tip is clearly numbered.
  4. Connect the selected tip to the end of the output cable, making sure that the pins on the tip are aligned with the holes in the cable. The ridge on the inside of the tip should align with the groove in the output cable connector. Make sure that the tip is pushed all the way into the output cable’s connector.
  5. Connect the AC cord to the socket on the AC adapter.
  6. Plug the AC cord into an AC power outlet. The LED on the adapter turns blue indicating that the adapter is powered and ready.
  7. Plug the tip connected to the output cable into the DC input jack on the side or back of your netbook. The adapter powers the netbook and charges its battery.
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: What tip should I use for my netbook?

• You can determine the correct tip for your netbook by referencing the Tip Compatibility Guide included with the adapter or by visiting the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com. Locate your netbook manufacturer and model, and the correct tip will be listed.
  • If you cannot find your specific netbook model, contact Rocketfish Product Support at 1-800-620-2790 for additional assistance.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I use the online Tip Wizard?

1. Go to the RF-NBAC product page (http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-NBAC.html).
  2. Click the Tip Wizard link under "Which Tip Should I Use?"
  3. Locate your netbook manufacturer and model:
    Enter your netbook make and model in the QuickFind search box and click “Search”. The compatible tip number will be displayed, as well as information about whether it is included in the package.

OR

• Click the Device Manufacturer drop-down arrow and select your netbook manufacturer name.
  • Click the Device Model drop-down arrow and select your netbook model. The compatible tip number will be displayed, as well as information about whether it is included in the package.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What if my netbook model is not listed in the online Tip Wizard?

• If you cannot find your specific netbook model, contact Rocketfish Product Support at 1-800-620-2790 for additional assistance.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: After selecting my netbook in the Tip Wizard, I receive the message “No Products Found.”

Rocketfish Support

Question 6: After selecting netbook in online Tip Wizard, compatible tip is not in pkg.

• If the compatible tip is not included, you can order one free tip. Click “Add to Cart” and follow the on-screen instructions to receive your free tip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: After selecting my netbook model, I receive an error message. What do I do next?

• There are several reasons why your netbook may not be compatible with the Rocketfish AC adapter. Laptops and Macs are known to be incompatible with this adapter.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: My tip is not included in the packaging, how do I order a new one?

• First review the included Tip Compatibility Guide to locate the correct tip for your specific netbook. You can also go to the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com for a complete listing of compatible models.
  • If you have identified the correct tip, but it is not included in the package, one free tip can be ordered through the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com. Locate your device manufacturer and model, then click “Add to Cart” and follow the on-screen instructions to receive your free tip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: How do I connect the tip to the adapter cable?

• Once you have selected the correct tip for your netbook, connect the tip to the output cable, making sure that the ridge on the inside of the tip aligns properly with the groove in the output cable connector.
  • Additionally, the pins on the inside of the tip should be in line with the holes in the output cable. The tip should be pushed firmly onto the cable until the tip and cable meet and there is no gap.