Rocketfish Support

Question 10: Why doesn’t the tip fit into my netbook?

• If the tip does not appear to fit into your netbook you may have selected the incorrect tip for your device. The tip should fit snugly inside the DC input jack on the side or back of your netbook. If the tip will not fit into the jack, do not force the tip.
  • Confirm you have selected the correct tip for your netbook by referencing the Tip Compatibility Guide that came with your power adapter or visiting the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: Will using an incorrect tip damage my netbook?

• The tips are designed to be used with specific netbooks, so you should only use the tip that is designated specifically for your netbook.
  • The correct tip can be identified by using the online Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com or by locating your specific netbook in the Tip Compatibility Guide included with your power adapter.
  • The use of an incorrect tip may cause performance issues, including the inability to charge the internal battery or power the netbook. In addition, an error may be displayed on the netbook screen. It is also possible that the use of an incorrect tip could damage your netbook. For these reasons, it is necessary to use the tip designed specifically for your device.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: The adapter powers my netbook but does not charge my battery. What can I do?

• Your netbook may be 60 Watts. In that case, the adapter is underpowered. It may appear to work most of the time with a netbook that requires more power. However, it will likely not run the netbook and charge the battery at the same time. Also, when the netbook is running at full capacity, for example during computation or graphics intensive efforts, the adapter may not be able to provide enough power and the netbook could fail. Purchase an adapter that supports 60 watt netbooks.
  • If you have confirmed that the netbook has a 40 Watt rating and the adapter is not underpowered, the battery itself may be defective or worn out and unable to accept a charge.
Rocketfish Support

Question 13: The label on my Rocketfish adapter says DC OUTPUT: 12-19V but my netbook is only 17V.

• The 12-19V rating refers to the capability of the adapter and it signifies that it can safely provide power to netbooks with voltages in this range. Once the correct tip has been selected, the netbook and tip combination will output the appropriate voltage for your netbook.
  • Please refer to the included Tip Compatibility Guide or online Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com to find the correct tip for your netbook.
Rocketfish Support

Question 14: The Rocketfish adapter is a 40 watt continuous power adapter but my netbook is less.

• You can use a higher wattage adapter with a lower wattage netbook.
  • Make sure that all the other specs are a match, including the voltage output of the adapter, and the size and polarity of the connector.
Rocketfish Support

Question 15: The Rocketfish adapter is a 40 watt continuous power adapter but my netbook is more.

• You cannot use a lower wattage adapter with a higher wattage netbook. Purchase an adapter that supports 60 watt netbooks.
  • An underpowered adapter may appear to work most of the time with a netbook that requires more power. However, it will likely not run the netbook and charge the battery at the same time. Also, when the netbook is running at full capacity, for example during computation or graphics intensive efforts, the adapter may not be able to provide enough power and the netbook could fail.
Rocketfish Support

Question 16: What other netbooks can I use this adapter with?

• The Rocketfish Universal Power Adapter is compatible with most netbook brands.
  • A complete list of compatible netbooks can be viewed through the Tip Wizard at www.rocketfishproducts.com.
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: Can I use this adapter with any other devices?

• This power adapter is only to be used to power and charge netbook computers using the correct tip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: Does this adapter work with laptops?

• This power adapter is not compatible with laptops. Purchase a power adapter made specifically for laptops, such as the RF-BPRAC4 (Rocketfish 90W AC Power Adapter for Most Laptops) or RF-BSLAC (Rocketfish Slimline Laptop AC Power Adapter with USB).
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: Does this adapter work with Mac computers?

• This power adapter is not compatible with Mac computers.