Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth 2.1 EDR Adapter (RF-MRBTAD) FAQ (13-0020)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: How do I install the Bluetooth drivers onto my Windows® 8 computer?

Question 2: How do I install the Bluetooth drivers onto my Windows® 2000, XP, Vista®, or 7 computer?

Question 3: Where do I get the Bluetooth drivers if I don’t have a disk drive or lost the CD?

Usage

Question 4: What is the password for pairing to my Bluetooth device?

Question 5: What should I do if the adapter cannot find or will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

Question 6: How do I pair or re-pair my Bluetooth device to a Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 computer?

Question 7: How do I pair or re-pair my Bluetooth device to a Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP computer?

Question 8: What is my Bluetooth adapter’s range?

Question 9: How many paired devices can my adapter remember?

Question 10: Can my adapter pair to multiple devices at the same time?

Question 11: How do I un-pair my computer from my Bluetooth device?

Question 12: How do I transfer a file from my computer to my Bluetooth device?

Question 13: How do I transfer a file from my Bluetooth device to my computer?

Question 14: How do I listen to audio from my Bluetooth device through my computer’s speakers?

Question 15: What should I do if my headset or speakers are not playing sound after pairing?

Question 16: What should I do if my voice is echoing while using a headset?

Question 17: How do I uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from Windows® 8, Windows Vista® or Windows® 7?

Question 18: How do I uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP?

Compatibility

Question 19: What are the system requirements to use the Bluetooth USB adapter?

Question 20: Can I plug the adapter into a printer, stereo, or other device to make it Bluetooth-ena...

Question 21: What should I do if my adapter does not work after installing Windows® 8?

Question 22: What should I do if my adapter is not working with my Windows® 7 64 bit computer?

General

Question 23: Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter?

Question 24: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I install the Bluetooth drivers onto my Windows® 8 computer?

1. Plug the Bluetooth adapter into a USB port on the computer.
    Note: If the Windows Driver Software windowopens, close it. You must install the Rocketfish driver for full Bluetooth functionality.
  2. Go to the Rocketfish website (www.rocketfishproducts.com).
  3. Type “RF-MRBTAD” into the search bar, then press ENTER or click Search. Or, go to http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-MRBTAD.html
  4. Click on the Support/Downloads tab.
  5. Click External Link under the “Drivers, Firmware, and Software” heading. Your browser takes you to the Broadcom website.
  6. Click Download Now. A new window opens with a license agreement.
    Note: If the license agreement window does not open, you may need to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker.
  7. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The computer downloads the driver.
  8. Save the downloaded file to your computer.
  9. Open the downloaded file, then click Run. The Bluetooth Software Download window opens.
  10. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The Bluetooth Software Download screen appears and installs the Bluetooth software.
  11. When the Initial Bluetooth Configuration Wizard appears, follow the on-screen instructions.
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I install the Bluetooth drivers onto my Windows® 2000, XP, Vista®, or 7 computer?

OPTION A: Installation CD

Note: If the Windows Driver Software windowopens, close it. You must install the Rocketfish driver for full Bluetooth functionality.
  2. Insert the included installation CD into the computer’s disk drive. The introductory screen appears automatically. If the screen does not appear, open the Autorun.exe file on the CD.
  3. Click Install Bluetooth Micro Adapter Driver. The Welcome screen opens.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Bluetooth software.

OPTION B: Download the drivers from the Internet

2. Go to the Rocketfish website (www.rocketfishproducts.com).
  3. Type “RF-MRBTAD” into the search bar, then press ENTER or click Search. Or, go to http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-MRBTAD.html
  4. Click on the Support/Downloads tab.
  5. Click External Link under the “Drivers, Firmware, and Software” heading. Your browser takes you to the Broadcom website.
  6. Click Download Now. A new window opens with a license agreement.
    Note: If the license agreement window does not open, you may need to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker.
  7. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The computer downloads the driver.
  8. Save the downloaded file to your computer.
  9. Open the downloaded file, then click Run. The Bluetooth Software Download window opens.
  10. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The Bluetooth Software Download screen appears and installs the Bluetooth software.
  11. When the Initial Bluetooth Configuration Wizard appears, follow the on-screen instructions.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: Where do I get the Bluetooth drivers if I don’t have a disk drive or lost the CD?

1. Go to the Rocketfish website (www.rocketfishproducts.com).
  2. Type “RF-MRBTAD” into the search bar, then press ENTER or click Search. Or, go to http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-MRBTAD.html
  3. Click on the Support/Downloads tab.
  4. Under “Drivers, Firmware, and Software,” click External Link. Your browser takes you to the Broadcom website.
  5. Click Download Now. A new window opens with a license agreement.
  6. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The computer downloads the driver.
  7. Save the downloaded file to your computer.
  8. Open the downloaded file, then click Run. The Bluetooth Software Download window opens.
  9. Read the license agreement, then click Accept. The Bluetooth Software Download screen appears and installs the Bluetooth software.
  10. Follow the on-screen instructions when the Initial Bluetooth Configuration Wizard appears.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What is the password for pairing to my Bluetooth device?

• The password depends on the Bluetooth device that you are pairing to. For more information, see the documentation that came with your Bluetooth device.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What should I do if the adapter cannot find or will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your adapter is plugged firmly into the computer’s USB port.
  • You may be outside the Bluetooth range. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Make sure that your Bluetooth device is turned on and in discovery mode.
  • Your Bluetooth adapter may be stopped. Right-click  Bluetooth_white.JPG (Bluetooth icon) in your computer’s task bar and select Start the Bluetooth Device.
  • Make sure that you have installed the most up-to-date Bluetooth software from the included installation CD or the Rocketfish website.
    Note: You must install the Rocketfish drivers for full Bluetooth functionality. For installation instructions, see Question 1 and Question 2.
  • Make sure that you restart your computer after installing the Rocketfish Bluetooth software.
  • Try removing your Bluetooth adapter and plugging it back into the computer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I pair or re-pair my Bluetooth device to a Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 computer?

[ Edited ]

Note: For more information about Bluetooth pairing, see the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device.

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapter is plugged into your computer’s USB port.
    2. Make sure that your computer and the Bluetooth device are within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other.
    3. Put your device into pairing mode.
      Note: For more information about putting your Bluetooth device into pairing mode, see the instructions that came with the device.
    4. Right-click Bluetooth_white.JPG (Bluetooth icon) in the computer’s task bar, then click Show Bluetooth Devices. The Bluetooth Devices window opens.
    5. Select the name of your Bluetooth device, then click Next. The Bluetooth Device Controlopens.

BT Device Control_small.jpg

1. Select your connection type:
    • To transfer files between your computer and your Bluetooth device, select Browse the files on the [Bluetooth device name] or Send files to the [Bluetooth device name]. See Question 12 and Question 13 for more information.
      OR
    • To use your computer or Bluetooth device as a headset or speakerphone, click Connect under the “Headset and Speakerphone” heading.
      OR
    • To play audio stored on your Bluetooth device through the computer, click Connect under the “Music and Audio” heading. See Question  14 for more information.
      OR
    • To connect to a Bluetooth serial port, click Connect under the “Personal Network and Communication” heading.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: How do I pair or re-pair my Bluetooth device to a Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP computer?

[ Edited ]

Note: For more information about Bluetooth pairing, see the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device.

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapter is plugged into your computer’s USB port.
    2. Make sure that your computer and the Bluetooth device are within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other.
    3. Put your device into pairing mode.
      Note: For more information about putting your Bluetooth device into pairing mode, see the instructions that came with the device.
    4. Right-click the Bluetooth_white.JPG (Bluetooth icon) in the computer’s task bar, then select Bluetooth Devices. A sub-menu opens.
    5. Select the name of your Bluetooth device from the submenu. The Bluetooth Device Controlopens.
      Note: If you do not see your Bluetooth device listed, click Add a Bluetooth device.

BT Device Control_small.jpg 

1. Select your connection type:
    • To transfer files between your computer and your Bluetooth device, select Browse the files on the [Bluetooth device name] or Send files to the [Bluetooth device name]. See Question 12 and Question 13 for more information.
      OR
    • To use your computer or Bluetooth device as a headset or speakerphone, click Connect under the “Headset and Speakerphone” heading.
      OR
    • To play audio stored on your Bluetooth device through the computer, click Connect under the “Music and Audio” heading. See Question 14 for more information.
      OR
    • To connect to a Bluetooth serial port, click Connect under the “Personal Network and Communication” heading.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: What is my Bluetooth adapter’s range?

• The Bluetooth adapter and computer must be within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other. However, this may decrease if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: How many paired devices can my adapter remember?

• Your adapter can store pairing information for seven Bluetooth devices.