Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 10: Will the adapter work with a 3D TV?

• The adapter can work with a 3D TV if the TV is used in 2D mode. However, it will not transfer a 3D signal from a computer to your TV.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 11: How do I play audio through a TV or external speakers instead of my computer?

1. Quit all audio applications that are open.
  2. Open System Preferences, then select Sound. The Sound window opens.
  3. Click the Output tab. The Output tab opens.
  4. Select your TV or external speakers from the list. Your audio output changes from your computer speakers to your TV speakers.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 12: What should I do if audio will not work with my adapter?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the adapter and HDMI cable (not included) connections are correct and secure.
  • Make sure that your computer can carry audio through HDMI. Generally, Mac computers released after mid-2010 support audio. Older MacBook computers require a separate 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable for audio (not included). For complete audio compatibility information, see the documentation that came with your computer.
  • Make sure that your TV supports audio through HDMI. See the manual that came with your TV for more information.
  • Change your audio output settings. See Question 11 for more information.
  • Make sure that you quit your audio application before changing your computer’s audio output settings.
  • Restart your computer.
  • The application that plays your audio may be outdated. Try updating the software or playing the audio through a different application.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 13: What should I do if my audio is cutting in and out?

• Make sure that your adapter and HDMI cable (not included) connections are correct and secure.
  • Your adapter or HDMI cable may be damaged. Replace the adapter or HDMI cable to determine the cause.
  • The application that plays your audio may be outdated. Try updating the software or playing the audio through a different application.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 14: What does the Mini Display Port-to-HDMI Adapter do?

• This adapter connects your Apple® iMac® or MacBook® to an external projector, TV, or monitor and displays your computer desktop on these devices.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 15: What is the length of the adapter?

• The adapter is seven inches (17.8 cm) from the tip of the mini display port connector to the end of the HDMI jack. You will need an HDMI cable (not included) to connect your computer to your TV or monitor.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 16: What computers are compatible with the adapter?

• The adapter is compatible with Apple iMac or MacBook.
  • Generally, Mac computers released after mid-2010 support audio. Older computers require a separate 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable for audio (not included). For complete audio compatibility information, see the documentation that came with your computer.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 17: Will this adapter work with Thunderbolt technology?

[ Edited ]
  • Yes. The adapter is compatible with Thunderbolt devices. See Question 2 for more information.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 18: How many TVs or monitors can I connect to my computer?

• Generally, you can connect 1-2 additional monitors to your computer, depending on your computer model. See the documentation that came with your computer for additional information.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 19: Can I use this adapter to connect to a Thunderbolt display?

• No. Currently, Apple products do not have HDMI ports integrated into their products. Use this adapter to connect from the mini display port or Thunderbolt port of your Mac computer to the HDMI port of a non-Apple brand TV or monitor.
  • Thunderbolt displays have a Thunderbolt cable integrated into the display. Use this cable to connect the display to your computer.