Rocketfish Support

Question 10: What should I do if my adapter powers my laptop but does not charge the battery?

[ Edited ]

Check the wattage in your laptop’s manual or on the power adapter that came with your laptop.

• If the laptop requires more than 90W, the adapter will not provide enough power to your laptop to charge it, especially when the laptop is running at full capacity. Purchase a power adapter that is greater than or equal to your laptop’s wattage.
    Note: See Question 16 for a list of compatibility requirements.
  • If your laptop requires 90W or less, your laptop battery may be defective or worn out and unable to accept a charge. Replace your laptop battery.
Highlighted
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: What does the “DC OUTPUT: 16/20V” label on the Rocketfish power adapter mean?

• This means that the power adapter can safely provide power to laptops that use 16 to 20V.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: Can I use the power adapter if my laptop is less than 90W?

[ Edited ]
  • Yes. You can use a higher wattage power adapter with a lower wattage laptop.
  • Make sure that the other specifications match, such as the voltage output of the adapter and the size and polarity of the connector. See Question 16 for a list of compatibility requirements.
Rocketfish Support

Question 13: Can I use the power adapter if my laptop is more than 90W?

• No. You cannot use a lower wattage adapter with a higher wattage laptop. An underpowered adapter may appear to work, but it may not be able to run the laptop and charge the battery at the same time.
  • Purchase a power adapter that supports a wattage that is greater than or equal to the wattage of your laptop.
Rocketfish Support

Question 14: Will the power adapter waste energy if it is left plugged in while not in use?

• This power adapter meets EnergyStar and CEC IV energy requirements which means it is an energy-efficient product designed to conserve power. When the adapter is plugged in and not being used, it draws less than 0.5W of power.
Rocketfish Support

Question 15: Does the power adapter have to be plugged into a power outlet to charge my laptop?

• Yes. The power adapter must be plugged into a power outlet to power your laptop. It is not a portable charger.
Rocketfish Support

Question 16: What laptops are compatible with the power adapter?

[ Edited ]

Your laptop is compatible with the power adapter if:

• The laptop runs on 90W or less.
  • The laptop voltage is between 16-20V.
  • The correct tip is available. To see if there is a tip compatible with your laptop, see Question 2.

Note: This power adapter is not compatible with netbooks, Mac computers, or devices other than laptops.

Rocketfish Support

Question 17: Can I use the power adapter on devices other than laptops?

• No. This power adapter is only for use with laptops with the correct tip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: Does this power adapter work with netbooks?

• No. This power adapter is not compatible with netbooks.
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: Does this power adapter work with Mac computers?

• No. This power adapter is not compatible with Mac computers.