Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Slim Universal AC Power Adapter (RF-AC9023) FAQ (13-0024)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: How do I set up my power adapter?

Tip Selection

Question 2: Which tip should I use with my laptop?

Question 3: How do I use the online Tip Wizard?

Question 4: What should I do if the tip I need is not included?

Question 5: What should I do if my laptop model is not listed in the online Tip Wizard?

Question 6: What should I do if the tip does not fit in my laptop?

Question 7: Could using an incorrect tip damage my laptop?

Question 8: What should I do if the Tip Wizard could not find the correct tip for my laptop?

Question 9: What should I do if the Tip Wizard says that my laptop is not compatible with the power ...

Power

Question 10: What should I do if my adapter powers my laptop but does not charge the battery?

Question 11: What does the “DC OUTPUT: 16/20V” label on the Rocketfish power adapter mean?

Question 12: Can I use the power adapter if my laptop is less than 90W?

Question 13: Can I use the power adapter if my laptop is more than 90W?

Question 14: Will the power adapter waste energy if it is left plugged in while not in use?

Question 15: Does the power adapter have to be plugged into a power outlet to charge my laptop?

Compatibility

Question 16: What laptops are compatible with the power adapter?

Question 17: Can I use the power adapter on devices other than laptops?

Question 18: Does this power adapter work with netbooks?

Question 19: Does this power adapter work with Mac computers?

General

Question 20: How long is the power cord?

Question 21: How should I wrap the cables for travel?

Question 22: How big is the Rocketfish Slim AC Power Adapter?

Question 23: What should I do if the power adapter gets hot when it is plugged into my laptop?

Question 24: Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Power Adapter?

Question 25: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my power adapter?

[ Edited ]
  1. Identify the correct tip for your laptop model. See Question 2 for information on selecting the correct tip.
  2. Push the tip all the way into the output cable’s connector. Make sure that the pins on the tip are aligned with the holes in the cable. The ridge on the inside of the tip should align with the groove in the output cable connector.
  3. Connect the AC cord to the socket on the AC adapter.
  4.  Plug the AC cord into a power outlet. The LED on the adapter turns on indicating that the adapter is powered and ready.
    Note: If the adapter’s LED does not turn on, or if it blinks, discontinue use and contact Rocketfish Customer Care Center for assistance at (800) 620-2790.
  5. Plug the tip connected to the output cable into the DC input jack on the side or back of your laptop. The adapter powers the laptop and charges its battery.
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: Which tip should I use with my laptop?

[ Edited ]

To determine which tip to use:

• Find your laptop model in the Tip Compatibility Guide included with your power adapter.

OR

Use the Tip Wizard on the power adapter’s product page at www.rocketfishproducts.com. See Question 3 for information on how to use the online Tip Wizard.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I use the online Tip Wizard?

[ Edited ]
  1. Open your web browser and type www.rocketfishproducts.com into the address bar, then press ENTER. The Rocketfish homepage opens.
  2. Type “RF-AC9023” into the search bar, then click Search. The product page opens.
  3. Click the Support/Downloads heading. The Support/Downloads tab opens.
  4. Click Power Tip Configurator under the “Documentation” heading. The Tip Wizard webpage opens.
  5. Click the Device Manufacturer drop-down menu, then select your laptop brand from the list. The Tip Wizard webpage reloads.
  6. Click the Device Model drop-down menu, then select your laptop’s model number. The Tip Wizard webpage reloads and lists the tip number that is required to use the power adapter with your laptop.
    Note: Laptop model numbers are usually listed on the bottom of the laptop.
  7. Locate the specified tip from the bundle provided. Each tip is clearly numbered. If your tip was not included, see Question 4. If the Tip Wizard could not find your laptop model, see Question 5 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What should I do if the tip I need is not included?

[ Edited ]

If the tip you need for your laptop was not included with the power adapter, you can order one free tip from Rocketfish.

To order your free tip:

1. Use the online Tip Wizard to locate the correct tip for your laptop model. For instructions on using the Tip Wizard, see Question 3.
  2. Click Add to Cart then follow the on-screen checkout instructions to receive your free tip.

Note: If you are unable to locate your device and/or compatible tip in the Tip Wizard please contact Rocketfish Customer Care Center at (800) 620-2790.

Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What should I do if my laptop model is not listed in the online Tip Wizard?

[ Edited ]
  • If the Tip Wizard does not list information about your laptop model, contact Rocketfish Customer Care Center at (800) 620-2790 for the most up-to-date information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: What should I do if the tip does not fit in my laptop?

[ Edited ]
  • Do not force a tip to fit into your laptop. The tip should fit snugly inside the DC input jack on the side or back of your laptop.
  • Use the online Tip Wizardto make sure that you have selected the correct tip for your device. See Question 3 for information about using the online Tip Wizard.
  • If you need additional assistance please contact Rocketfish Customer Care Center at (800) 620-2790.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: Could using an incorrect tip damage my laptop?

[ Edited ]
  • Yes. The use of an incorrect tip may damage your laptop or cause performance issues, including the inability to charge the internal battery or power the laptop. In addition, you may receive an error message on your laptop screen.
  • Make sure that you use only the tip designed for your laptop. See Question 2 for information on identifying the correct tip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: What should I do if the Tip Wizard could not find the correct tip for my laptop?

• If the Tip Wizard does not list information about your laptop model, contact Rocketfish Customer Care Center at (800) 620-2790 for the most up-to-date information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: What if the Tip Wizard says my laptop is not compatible with the power adapter?

[ Edited ]
  • See Question 16 for a list of compatibility requirements.
  • If you feel you received this message in error, contact Rocketfish Care Center at (800) 620-2790 for additional assistance.