Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Universal Data Transfer Cable (RF-UP40650) FAQ (13-0529)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: What are the system requirements to use this cable?

Question 2: How do I connect the cable to the computers? 

Question 3: Does it matter which end of the cable gets plugged into my computer?

Question 4: What should I do if the software doesn't automatically open or run when I connect the cable? 

Question 5: What should I do if my computer has trouble establishing a connection?

Usage

Question 6: Can I use this cable to transfer files between Windows and Mac computers?

Question 7: Can I use this cable to transfer files to or from operating systems other than Windows or Mac? 

Question 8: What should I do if I get a message that says the remote computer is not running? 

Question 9: What should I do if I cannot transfer a file? 

Question 10: What should I do if I do not see a file I need to transfer listed in the menu? 

Question 11: What should I do if I am not authorized to transfer a file to my computer? 

Question 12: How do I transfer multiple files at once? 

Question 13: What should I do if I cannot open a file that I transferred? 

Question 14: How fast will the cable transfer data?

Question 15: Are there size limits for data transfer? 

Question 16: How do I stop or cancel a file transfer? 

Question 17: What should I do if my computer stops transferring files? 

Question 18: What should I do if the cable is disconnected prematurely? 

Question 19: Do I need to download firmware? 

Question 20: How do I quit the EasySuite and GO!Bridge application and disconnect the cable?

General

Question 21: Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Universal Data Transfer Cable? 

Question 22: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: What are the system requirements to use this cable?

[ Edited ]

To use this cable you need:

• Windows® 8 Pro (not Windows RT), Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, or Windows® 2000 SP3
    OR
    Mac OS X v.10.5 or later
  • Intel® Pentium® or higher/PowerPC G4 processor or later
  • 512 MB RAM or higher
  • At least 100 MB hard drive space available
  • An available USB port on both computers
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I connect the cable to the computers?

• Connect the cable to the USB port of one computer, then connect the other end to the USB port of a second computer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: Does it matter which end of the cable gets plugged into my computer?

• You can plug either end of the cable into a USB to transfer data to and from your computer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What should I do if the software does not automatically open or run?

[ Edited ]

If you are using a Windows OS:

• Open My Computer, then double-click the Easy-Suite icon. The EasySuite software opens.

If you are using a Mac OS:

1. Click the EasySuite CD icon on your desktop.
    OR
    Launch Finder, then select the EasySuite CD from the list of drives and folders on the left.
  2. Click the GO!Bridge software icon to launch the Mac version of the software. The GO!Bridge software opens.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What should I do if my computer has trouble establishing a connection?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the cable is securely connected to both computers.
  • Make sure that the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software is installed on both computers.
  • Make sure that the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software is open on both computers. See Question 4 for more information.
  • If you are transferring files between a Windows and a Mac computer, try connecting the cable to the Windows computer first, open the EasySuite software, then connect the cable to the Mac computer and open GO!Bridge.
  • Quit the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software on both computers, then disconnect the cable. Reconnect the cable and open the software.
  • Quit the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software on both computers, then disconnect the cable. Connect the cable to a different USB port on both computers.
  • You may have a defective cable. Bring your cable and receipt to the place of purchase to return or exchange it.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: Can I use this cable to transfer files between Windows and Mac computers?

[ Edited ]
  • Yes. For a full list of system requirements, see Question 1.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: Can I use this cable to transfer files with operating systems other than Windows or Mac?

[ Edited ]
  • No. The software required to transfer files is only compatible with Windows and Mac computers. See Question 1 for a complete list of system requirements.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: What should I do if I get a message that says the remote computer is not running?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) are running on both computers. For more information on opening these programs, see Question 4.
  • If you are transferring files between a Windows and a Mac computer, try connecting the cable to the Windows computer first, open the EasySuite software, then connect the cable to the Mac computer and open GO!Bridge.
  • You may have a defective cable. Bring your cable and receipt to the place of purchase to return or exchange it.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: What should I do if I cannot transfer a file?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that both computers meet all system requirements. See Question 1 for more information.
  • Make sure that the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software is installed on both computers.
  • Make sure that the EasySuite (Windows) or GO!Bridge (Mac) software is running on both computers. See Question 4 for more information.
  • Try plugging the cable into a different USB port on your computers.
  • Make sure that the file you are attempting to transfer is not protected.
  • You may not be authorized to transfer a file to certain locations on the computer. See Question 11 for more information.