Rocketfish Support

Question 10: What should I do if I do not see a file I need to transfer listed in the menu?

[ Edited ]
  • In the View menu, click on Refresh. The file list refreshes.
  • Make sure that you are authorized to view or transfer files on the remote computer. For more information, see Question 11.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: What should I do if I am not authorized to transfer a file to my computer?

• Transfer the file to a different folder on the computer.
  • Check the documentation that came with your computer for information on changing user restrictions.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: How do I transfer multiple files at once?

If you are using a Windows OS:

1. While pressing and holding Ctrl, select each file you want to transfer. The files on the computer that you are using can be found in the “Local Host” window. The files on the other computer can be found in the “Remote Host” window.
    13-0529_windows transfer.JPG
  2. Click and drag the selected files to the location you want on the second computer.

If you are using a Mac OS:

1. Click the  (Dock) icon on the right side of the window. The dock opens.
    13-0529_Empty dock_red.jpg
  2. Drag and drop each file you want to transfer to the dock. You can move files from the remote computer or from your local computer. The files appear in the “Remote” or “Local”  dock.
    13-0529_Transfer_step2_red.jpg
  3. If you need to remove a single item from the dock, right-click the file, then select “Remove from Dock.” Or, to remove all the files in the dock, click Clear.
  4. After reviewing the files in the dock, drag and drop the files to the locations you want.
    Note: To move multiple files to the same location, press and hold Command and click the files to select them. Then, drag the files to the correct location.
    13-0529_Transfer_step4_red.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 13: What should I do if I cannot open a file that I transferred?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have the correct program to open the transferred file on your computer.
  • Make sure that you have the correct version of the program to open the transferred file on your computer.
  • Make sure that the file is not protected and that you have the correct permissions to open the file on your computer. You may not be able to open some files without permission.
  • Make sure that you do not close the EasySuite or GO!Bridge until file transfer is complete.
  • Make sure that you do not disconnect the cable until file transfer is complete. See Question 20 for more information on safely disconnecting the cable from your computer.
  • The file may be corrupted. Try transferring the file again.
  • Make sure that the file on the source computer is not corrupted.
Rocketfish Support

Question 14: How fast will the cable transfer data?

• This USB 2.0 cable has a maximum transfer rate of 480 Mbps. However, the transfer speed may be less depending on the computers that you are using for transfer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 15: Are there size limits for data transfer?

• There is no size limit for data transfer. However, larger files will take longer to transfer.
  • Your computer may have a size limit for transferring data. See the documentation that came with your computer for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 16: How do I stop or cancel a file transfer?

Note: If you interrupt a file transfer, the new files may be corrupted.

• To stop a file transfer, click “Cancel.”
    13-0529_Cancel transfer_red.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: What should I do if my computer stops transferring files?

• Make sure that the cable is securely connected to both computers.
  • Make sure that the computers do not go to sleep while transferring files.
  • If you are transferring multiple files together, try transferring fewer files at one time.
  • One or more files may be protected. Make sure that the files you are attempting to transfer are not protected.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: What should I do if the cable is disconnected prematurely?

[ Edited ]
  • Close completely out of the EasySuite or GO!Bridge software on both computers, reconnect the cable, then reopen the software.
    Note: If you are using a Mac computer, press Command + Q on your keyboard to make sure that you have completely closed the GO!Bridge software.
  • Your files may be corrupted. Restart the file transfer and replace the existing files.
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: Do I need to download firmware?

• No. You do not need to download firmware to use this cable.