FIXED RF-MRBTAD Mini Bluetooth Dongle Frustrations and a Fix.

I love the Bluetooth dongle I bought from Best Buy but let me tell you, with out the freaking CD, it's nearly useless to me to use. I spent so much time, ripping my hair out, trying to figure this out.

Let me say that the website is so wrong and the support that I saw on this was completely wrong as well. The link that the Rocketfish directs you to is useless unless the computer recognizes it as a bluetooth device (3 computers all Windows 7 just identified it as  under "Human Interface Devices" and as "USB Input Device".) But I found the Hardware ID's : 

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_4503&REV_0100
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_4502&REV_0100

From here, it still took me about 30 minutes to find proper drivers from here: http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1734972

Once I installed them (Ensuring I didn't install anything extra.) and scanned for new hardware in the device manager. My Rocketfish Bluetooth dongle was finally recognized. (This does install the Windows Bluetooth software too.)

Note: The site calls it "Acer Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device Free Driver Download" and downloads a file called "Bluetooth_Broadcom_6.3.0.3800_W7x86W7x64_A.zip". But it works for our Rocketfish devices.

After that, I ran the software from the link the product support page suggests you to go to and it finally runs, detecting the bluetooth dongle and installs new drivers and it works.

Hopefully this helps those who need it if they lost the instalation CD.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

If anyone has questions about this process. (I'm new and I'm not sure if this will be posted or removed.) PM me. 

Re: FIXED RF-MRBTAD Mini Bluetooth Dongle Frustrations and a Fix.

THANKS!   Your findings were very helpful.  To bad support could have supplied good info as well! 

For the Bluetooth drivers error, there is an article more details for reason and fix way here: https://www.driverdr.com/news/download-and-update-bluetooth-drivers-windows-10-8-7/

Highlighted

Please note that Driver Dr or Driver Doctor is a paid for subscription, if you wish to pay for them to fix it go ahead but I can tell you that I was able to fix it for myself, without the $40 to $60 yearly subscription, by they are right, it does explain why you get this error and have problems. But this is your choice.