Furrball

RF-MAB2 bluetooth headset does not pair with Window 7 64-bit?

Got this headset for Christmas. Works great with my phone, so I know they work. But they won't pair with my laptop. Running Windows 7 Home 64-bit. Have been finding some reports online that Windows 7 64-bit does not support A2DP, but no solutions. Anyone have any ideas how to get this headset to work with my laptop? Thnx a bunch! And merry Christmas :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
Justin-RF

Re: RF-MAB2 bluetooth headset does not pair with Window 7 64-bit?

Hello Furrball,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Remember, this headset only works with devices that support HSP, HFP or A2DP profile.  That said, your laptop may not be compatible with this unit.

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Rocketfish Staff
Roger-RF

Hello Furball,

Windows 7 64-bit does support A2DP.  The first thing you should check is whether or not your laptop came with Bluetooth.  This can be done by checking device manager.  If your laptop came with Bluetooth or you are using a Bluetooth adapter go the website for the laptop or adapter and make sure to download and install the latest driver available for the Bluetooth device.  I personally use this product with Windows 7 64-bit and have not experienced any issues.  If you require further assistance please provide the following information;

1)  Make and Model of the computer

2)  Make and model of Bluetooth adapter, (if using one).

imagrvatd

um....i bought my RF-MAB2 bluetooth headset so I could listen to material I keep on my Dell Latitude E6500 PC which I bought with Bluetooth, and has a Bluetooth icon in the tray at bottom of screen.  I have no idea what HSP, HFP, or A2DP profiles are or if I  have them or if they are set up correctly.  I don't see any information in the RF-MAB2 manual on how to deal with this - just a vague reference to " "For phone conversation, use the HSP or HFP profile.  For high qualiity audio, use th A2DP profile."  Gee, I think I'd like the A2DP profile.  If only I had a friggin clue where to find it or if it is indeed what I need so I could listen to my CDs and skype and do other stuff on my laptop with Bluetooth that I thought would play nice with my new RF-MAB2 headset that I paid $60 for, because they are both "Bluetooth". 

Oh yeah, I figured out how to right click the speaker icon in the PC program tray, navigate "Playback>>Speakers" and select "Speakers" (Bluetooth Hands-free Audio) as my default.  Message says "Working".  Oh no it isn't, cause there is no sound coming from the headset.  Though I can control the CD player with the "pause button" on the headset.  Cool, I can pause and play the CD player or my iTunes remotely from across the room from my headset.  That should come in handy, only cost me $60 for that handy feature.

Long as I'm on my soapbox, I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft...but can you imagine if there were as many operating system manufacturers as there are device manufacturers?  Good luck ever getting anything to ever work with that setup.

Can anyone help?  Nothing like electronics manufacturers to make the common consumer feel like inept idiots.

imagrvatd

Forgot to mention my Del E6500 is running VISTA.

Rocketfish Staff
Roger-RF

Hello imagrvatd,

i would be happy to try and assist you.  The problem you describe is most likely a driver issue with your Dell laptop.  I recommend you go to the Dell support site and download the latest Bluetooth driver available.  Once you have that updated if you still have problems please let me know.

customer1988

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I am having the same issues as the others here. Laptop is an Asus G73SW, got it 2 months ago, I have two pairs of your RF-MAB2 headphones, neither work with the PC.

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

External Bluetooth adapter made by MicroInnovations. Their website redirects to a new company name (guessing they went bankrupt). There is no support for their Bluetooth device.

It connects to the headset but has a problem during driver installation, which would be a Windows incompatibility error. 

You have no driver on your website(this being the problem), just documentation that is irrelevant to the situation.

Also, I need to add that the Bluetooth addition is very standard and  works perfectly well with everything else. So, let's try not to blame it on their lack of drivers, Windows has them covered, as well as Asus.

Visitor
Instynx

[ Edited ]

Like the guy above stated, PUT SOME DRIVERS ON YOUR WEBSITE!!! I just joined this forum just so I could say that. Truly unbelievable that you have no driver support, especially for such a great product. Been using the RF-MAB2 with my iPhone 3GS and with my laptop as well. But I recently had to re-install windows 7 and I don't have the driver disc with me (deployed overseas) and my headset will not pair correctly, it keeps telling me no driver is installed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put some drivers on here to download!!!

BTW I am using a RF-FLBTAD Bluetooth adapter to connect my RF-MAB2 with my Gateway P-7805 notebook (all bought at Best Buy...) 

Rocketfish Staff
Roger-RF

Re: RF-MAB2 Bluetooth headset does not pair with Window 7 64-bit?

Hello Furrball,

While Windows 7 does not natively support A2DP the maker of your computer, (if the Bluetooth is in built) or the maker of the Bluetooth Adapter should have a link to a Bluetooth Protocol Stack, (driver) that will allow you to use this feature.

Rocketfish Staff
Roger-RF

Hello Instynx,

It is entirely the responsibility of the computer manufacturer or Bluetooth adapter manufacturer to provide the drivers required.  We are not authorized to post drivers fpor products we did not manufacturer.  Our product is working and does not require a driver.