Highlighted
Accepted Solution

RF-WEB2C and W10, always on.

I just noticed this. Removed s/w and driver and re-installed. Problem remains. I know this is an OLD driver and wondering IF this is the problem, not W10 ready?

I used a method to see 'who' is using the cam listed in some web searches. Nothing shows using it. I then opened the Cam app and that showed using it, as did Skype when opened. Closed and nothing is using it? Ran umpteen virus, trojan, and rootkit searches.

Oh, when my computer goes to 'sleep' when it comes back the cam is OFF...

I also took the webcam to another W10 computer running a Logitech cam (it is always off unless in use). Plugged it in and immediately the light went on? Didn't even SEE a driver loaded for it?

Known problem? Something not to worry about? Or is it time to junk the cam and get one that works on W10?

Rocketfish Support

Re: RF-WEB2C and W10, always on.

Hello IrvSp,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

You can try to reinstall the driver from our site. The driver that is available is from DEC 2012 so it hasnt changed since then. 

The light on the camera should only be on when it is streaming video. If it is coming on and no programs are in use, that would indicate an issue with the  webcam. Especially if it happens with multiple computers. 

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Ryan, thanks for the reply. I had already tried re-installing both the apps and driver after uninstalling them. Didn't change anything.

Under W8.1 I didn't have this problem so it could be a W10 issue.

I connect the cam via a USB port on my display, and I tested it the same way on the other PC. These are Dell's and there is a USB extension cable from the tower to the display which has 2 ports (USB 2.0) on the side. I wouldn't think a USB port on the tower would act any differently.

Odd part is when the PC goes to 'sleep', either display goes into the wait state or the tower does, when W10 comes back up the cam light is off.

So far I've not seen any problem using the cam either, either when it has the green light on or if it is off. However once the system comes back from sleep and the light is off it will NOT go back on if I use Skype for instance. It streams fine but the light it off.

So I would assume since it does stream OK it could be W10/driver related? I've not seen any reports though that it does work fine with W10. Of course since this is old I wouldn't expect an update either?

Rocketfish Support

Hello IrvSp,

Thank you for responding!

I am not sure why the light is responding that way. It has to be something about Windows 10 that is causing the light to act abnormally. Since the webcam itself is actually still working, I would just ignore the light. 

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support