Rocketfish HDMI 2-way splitter -- Help Please

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a 2-way splitter to hook up my computer to my monitor and my TV since my PC only has one HDMI output. The HDMI splitter works if I only have one HDMI out plugged in but as soon as I plug in the other HDMI out cord at the same time, whether or not I am using it, my screen resolution changes drastically (no setting to revert this), or my screen becomes off focus. Looking for a solution.

Thanks

Rocketfish Support

Re: Rocketfish HDMI 2-way splitter -- Help Please

Hello CameronStinsonn,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Since this is a splitter taht is splitting one signal, both devices have to receive the same signal. Make sure the display with the lowest resolution capability is connected to OUT1. This will hopefully clear up any issues with the resolution.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

I've tried plugging each device into both outputs with no success. My one HDMI feeds straight to my monitor but the other HDMI feeds through a blu-ray hometheatre system to a projector. Are there other ways to get around this?

Highlighted
Rocketfish Support

Hello CameronStinsonn,

Thank you for responding!

The HDMI splitter may be having difficutly processing the information it's receiving from the BluRay home theater. Can we connect it directly to the projector? That would allow us to take one device out of the equation and further test where the issue is.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support