Visitor

Rocketfish micro BT adapter in Win10

Hello all,

I just moved over from Win7 to Win10 and there is no icon, nor anywhere else that I can find to turn on the adapter.  I have downloaded the current software, which I think is for Win8.x, and when running it, it can detect the adapter.  I'm guessing that the 8.x drivers are the same for 10, but perhaps not?  Anyway, is there something I'm missing with getting this up and running?  Or is there an issue with Win10 and these adapters?

TIA for your help!

Rocketfish Support

Re: Rocketfish micro BT adapter in Win10

Hello ursobsessed,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

When you go to download the driver you should use the link on the product page. The link will redirect you to Broadcomm site and that download will detect and download the right version. That should get you the bluetooth icon. Also be sure to try all the USB ports.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Thanks for your reply Ryan!  I have tried what you said previously and the auto-detect does not detect my BT adapter.  I have tried switching USB ports but that doesn't have any effect.

Is there anything else I can try?  This adapter worked on my machine running Win7.

Rocketfish Support

Hello ursobsessed,

Thank you for responding!

To better assist, can you provide the model number for your BT dongle?

Since it was working on windows 7 I would assume the adapter is still fine. It seems like a communication issue with Windows 10. Checking broadcomm website shows that the Driver only goes up to Windows 8.1. They may not have updated the driver for 10 yet so you may want to check back on the broadcomm site.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

It is this unit: HERE