Visitor
BillsBayou

iPad 2 Capsule RF-ICAP14 Broken Power Port Issue

[ Edited ]

I had to return BOTH of the iPad 2 Capsules RF-ICAP14 I bought.  I bought both units at the BestBuy near my house. 

One day after purchasing two capsules for my daughters, the first unit went bad when the USB port came out of the unit when the powercord was removed.  I brought it back and was happy that BestBuy took it back with no problem.  I then went to a different BB and got another rocketfish capsule.  That was my third purchase.  A week later, the second unit (of the original two) broke when the cord was pushed in.  Again, BestBuy was gracious when they took it back.

Is this typical for this device?  The USB ports are very tight.  For the third unit, I bought a new USB cable to replace the one that came with the capsule.  That one is a bit smoother, but still significantly tighter than plugging it in to my cell phone.

We're currently at one capsule but needing two.  As much as my daugthters enjoy the capsule, I'm having them ask around at school to see what other girls are using.  They've all got iPads, but they all miss their laptops and want "clicky" keyboards.

I had to give the unit a 1-star review at BestBuy.com.  Sorry, but bad manufacturing quality on the power port is unforgivable.

Visitor
BillsBayou

Re: iPad 2 Capsule RF-ICAP14 Broken Power Port Issue

The THIRD unit broke last night.

This is the third of three units; the one I bought to replace the first broken unit.  This is the one I got from a different BestBuy.

THANK GOD I SAVED MY RECEIPT!!!  Because this product has GARBAGE designed into the power port.

Luckily, my daughters are going to school with hundreds of girls who all were issued iPad 2s.  They can tell their friends that the Rocketfish Capsule is no good.  They can then try out their friend's keyboard/cases (many have them), and find one that DOES NOT BREAK WHEN YOU TRY TO RECHARGE IT.

I guess I'm most furious that I didn't get ANY response here on the forums.  Even a cookie cutter response would have been nice.

Try this text:

"Sorry [insert name here].  I'll look into this problem and pass it on to tech support.  We assure you this is an isolated problem with this product.  Here at Rocketfish we strive to blah blah blah.  We hope this does not keep you from looking to Rocketfish for your technology accessory needs."

Form letters work wonders.

I'm happy to say that my Rocketfish phone charger for my Motorola phone is still functioning nicely.  However, I don't know if I'll ever trust the Rocketfish brand ever again.

Visitor
BillsBayou

I returned the third and final garbage-like iPad 2 Capsule to BestBuy.  I was treated with kindness and respect by the woman.  I'll be back to BestBuy, but I will never trust RocketFish again. 

The woman at BestBuy told me that she has seen "... a lot of these coming back."  Sad.

She also said "I'm sorry you had a problem with this."  I think she meant it.  She really seemed to care.  That, and she's sorry she hash to deal with so many disgruntled customers.  I told her not to refer people to the RocketFish web site because you sad lot don't give a **bleep**.

jw1940

I have the same problem and took it to BestBuy and they said "you'll have to contact rocketfish directly. said they don't sell them and it was user damage. I had never tried to plug it inbefore and it was a gift . I will not be going back there for anythinbg!