Rocketfish Staff

Question 20: Can I get more information about the Rocketfish Gaming Headset?

[ Edited ]
Rocketfish Staff

Question 21: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 3b: How do I connect to a Windows XP computer?

• Have you tried using your User Guide to help you through this process? If more help is needed follow the steps below.
  1. Plug the microphone into the left or right MIC jack on your headset. Press firmly to make a tight connection. 
  1. Plug one end of the black 3.5 mm cable into the Line In jack on the left side of your headset and the other end into the Line In jack on the wireless receiver. 
  1. Plug one end of the USB cable into the wireless transmitter and the other end into a USB port on the computer. A message tells you that Windows has discovered a new USB audio device. 
  1. Insert three AAA batteries (not included) into the wireless receiver. 
  1. Click Start, Control Panel, click the icon that controls sound and audio devices. 
  1. Click the Audio tab. 
  1. Make a note of the default devices selected in the Sound playback and Sound recording lists. If you do not want the headset to be the default sound device for Windows sounds, you can reset the default devices to their original settings. 
  1. Under Sound playback, make sure the Rocketfish Headset is selected as the default device. 
  1. Click Volume, then Options, then click Properties
  1. Click to check Speaker and Wave, then click OK
  1. Slide the Speaker and Wave sliders to the maximum settings. These settings determine the volume of the chat you hear. You can use the CHAT VOLUME control on the In-line control unit to adjust the chat volume. 
  1. Click the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box to close the box. 
  1. Under Sound recording, make sure the Rocketfish Headset is selected as the default device. 
  1. Click Volume, then slide the Mic Volume slider to the middle setting. This setting determines the volume of your voice that others hear when you speak into the microphone. 
  1. Click the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box to close the box. 
  1. Click OK to close the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window. 
  1. If you do not want the headset to be the default device for Window sounds, go back to the Sounds and Audio Devices dialog box and set the default audio devices for playback and recording back to their original settings.
  2. Close the open dialog boxes. 
  1. Press the POWER button on the wireless transmitter, then press the POWER button on the wireless receiver. When the transmitter is connected to the receiver, the LED indicator on the transmitter lights solid blue. You are done and your headset is ready to use.