Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my Wireless Sensor for Nintendo Wii and Wii U?

[ Edited ]

1.   Remove the existing sensor bar.
2.   Remove the covers from the battery compartments on the back of the sensor bar.
3.   Insert 2 AAA batteries (not included) into each battery compartment (4 total), then replace the covers. Make sure that the +   and – symbols on the batteries line up with the + and – symbols in the battery compartment.

pic.png
4.   Mount the bar on the top or the bottom of the TV, using the pre-attached stickers.

OR

Mount the bar on the wall, using the mounting slots over ¼” mounting screws (not included) 1.9” (48 mm) apart (center to  center).

NOTE: The center of the wireless sensor should be aligned with the center of the TV.

5.   Extend the sensors to increase your range of play.

NOTE: The playable range is about 13 ft. (4 m). You can adjust the bar’s sensitivity from your Wii Options menu. Select Wii Settings, Sensor Bar, Sensitivity, then adjust the settings.

6.   Turn on your Wii or Wii U and your TV.

7.   Turn on the wireless sensor.      

• Press the POWER or SET button once to turn on the sensor bar and set the sleep mode to one hour. The 1 HOUR SLEEP MODE indicator turns on.

OR

• Press the POWER or SET button twice to turn on the sensor bar and set the sleep mode to two hours. The 2 HOUR SLEEP MODE indicator turns on.

NOTE: When sleep time expires (one or two hours), the sensor bar and the SLEEP MODE indicator will turn off. To continue using the sensor bar, press the POWER or SET button to set the sleep mode again.

NOTE: To prevent your sensor from turning off during play, press the POWER or SET button to power the sensor off then, press the POWER or SET again to refresh the 1 or 2 hour limit. 

8.   Set the sensor bar position from your Wii Options menu. Select Wii Settings, Sensor Bar, Sensor Bar Position, then adjust the settings.

Rocketfish Support

Question 2: Do I have to install software or a dongle to my Wii U or Wii?

• No, the sensor bar is wireless and you do not have to install software or a dongle.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: Why is the BATTERY LED flashing?

• When the battery power is low, the LOW BATTERY or BATTERY indicator flashes. Turn off the sensor bar and replace the batteries.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: Why did the SLEEP MODE LED turn off?

• When the sleep timer expires (one or two hours), the sensor bar and the SLEEP MODE indicator turn off. To continue using the sensor bar, press the POWER or SET button to set the sleep mode again.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: Why do I have to replace my batteries so often?

• Your sensor bar may be on even when you are not playing, make sure to turn off the wireless sensor when it is not in use.
  • To turn off the sensor bar before the sleep time expires, press and hold the POWER or SET button.
  • Make sure to replace the batteries with new, high-quality batteries.

Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I turn off the wireless sensor?

• To turn off the wireless sensor before the sleep time expires, press and hold the POWER or SET button.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: Why won’t my sensor turn on?

• Your wireless sensor may not have been powered on correctly. Press the POWER or SET button.
  • Your wireless sensor may need new batteries. Replace the batteries.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: Why did my wireless sensor turn off while I was playing?

• The wireless sensor is on a sleep timer. The sensor will turn off after one or two hours depending on which sleep mode you have it set to.
  • To prevent your sensor from turning off during play, press the POWER or SET button to power the sensor off then, press the POWER or SET again to refresh the 1 or 2 hour limit.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: Why won’t my wireless sensor sync to my Wii or Wii U?

• The wireless sensor will sync to the Wii or Wii U once it is turned on. Make sure your Wii or Wii U, TV, and wireless sensor are all powered on.
  • You may be out of range. Make sure you are using the controller within 13 ft. from the wireless sensor.
  • Batteries may not be installed in your sensor. Make sure 4 AAA batteries have been installed.
  • Your wireless sensor may need new batteries. Replace the batteries.
  • Another sensor may be connected to your Wii or Wii U. Make sure a wired sensor is not connected to your Wii or Wii U.
  • Your controllers may not be synced to your Wii or Wii U. Make sure your Wii or Wii U controllers are synced to your Wii or Wii U.