Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Lost 3.5mm audio cable RF-GUV1201

Basically the subject but I wanted to know where I could purchase a new one... I ordered an auxiliary line-out cable off of amazon and it didn't work and my other line-in cable I got from Walmart doesn't work... By "doesn't work" I mean it doesn't send out my voice but I can hear everything perfectly fine. If its just a hardware malfunction that's fine. This headset was well worth $30 as standalone headphones...
Visitor

Re: Lost 3.5mm audio cable RF-GUV1201

I play on the Xbox 360 too if that helps any...
Regular Contributor

Hello LaniKauvaka, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

If you're looking for a replacement 3.5mm audio cable, we have a variety of cables to choose from here. You may also want to try the troubleshooting tips listed in the FAQ's for "Why Isn't Chat Working", before seeking replacement options. 

Regards, 
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

I guess what I want to know is if the cable I lost was replaceable by any kind of 3.5mm cable or if it had to be a special kind. I'll buy one from best buy if that's the case otherwise I'm sure it's the headset itself that is messed up.
Visitor

Do I need a 3.5mm conductor cable?
Regular Contributor

Hello LaniKauvaka,

The RF-GVU1201 uses a fairly standard 3.5mm cable.  The cable will be a TRS plug which has 2 black rings which make 3 different connectors.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

That pesky 3.5mm audio cable RF-GUV1201

I posted earlier about how i the lost 3.5 mm cable that came with the rf-guv1201 and the moderators here said that all i needed was a standard trs 3.5mm (2ring) auxiliary cable to replace the one I lost. However, when I replaced it with the trs cable it did not send out my voice, rendering my mic useless. I took their advice and just assumed something else was broken but then I bought a 4 conductor (3ring) auxiliary cable and that works perfectly just like new the mic and everything works fine now. Just wanted to share some knowledge with anyone who ran into the same trouble as I did.

tldr : buy a 3.5 mm 4-conductor auxiliary cable if you lose/damage your 3.5mm auxiliary cable.