Rocketfish Support

Question 10: Why can’t I get the WirelessHD transmitter and receiver to link?

In order to establish a connection between the transmitter and receiver, the receiver must be connected to a TV or projector that is powered on, and the transmitter must have at least one source component connected and powered on. Be sure to place the receiver within the same room as the transmitter. For best performance the receiver should be mounted vertically on a wall with a clear view of the room. The receiver should never be mounted behind a TV or Projector.  The receiver should be orientated horizontally such that the Rocketfish logo is parallel to the ceiling/floor (not rotated so that the logo is parallel to the walls).  Furthermore, as the HDMI automatic port detection feature is not compatible with some HDMI sources, please insure that the correct input with the powered HDMI source component is selected on the 4 port transmitter (as indicated by a lit HDMI1, 2, 3, or 4 LED on the transmitter).

Rocketfish Support

Question 11: How do I switch from one source component to another connected to a single transmitter?

There are actually multiple ways to switch from one HDMI port to another on the WirelessHD kit transmitter:

• The WirelessHD kit supports consumer electronics control (CEC) functionality (marketed under multiple trade names). If your source components utilize CEC, you may be able to switch from one component to another with the original TV remote by using this feature.  Consult the documentation that came with your components to determine if they support CEC or not.  Note that not all HDMI CEC devices are capable of interoperating with each other by CEC, especially between older models of different brands.  Many early CEC devices used vendor specific CEC commands instead of open standard commands that are now more commonly used and supported across brands.
  • The WirelessHD kit transmitter supports auto-switching, which means it will automatically switch to the HDMI port of the component that is first powered on.  When the source connected to the selected port is powered off, then the switch should also switch to the next HDMI port with a powered on source device in sequence of the numbered HDMI input ports.
  • If you want to switch back and forth between source components without powering them on or off, you can also use the included IR remote control.  Just press the number on the remote that corresponds to the HDMI port on the transmitter for the component you wish to view. Be sure to point the remote control at the WirelessHD transmitter.
  • Yet another way to switch between input sources is to use the HDMI switch button on the back of the transmitter.  A quick press (less than 1 second) toggles the HDMI switch input to select the next HDMI input in numeric port sequence.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: Why does it take so long to switch from one HDMI port to another on the transmitter?

The switching time from one HDMI port to another is affected by several factors related to the specific source components connected to the transmitter as well as the display that is connected to the receiver.  Some combinations of HDMI sources and displays are able to form a secure HDCP encrypted connection faster than others through an HDMI switch.  Typical HDMI port switching times range from 4 to 15 seconds depending on these factors.

Rocketfish Support

Question 13: Will the WirelessHD kit work with a gaming system?

Yes.  The latency in transmission from the transmitter to the receiver is typically 2 milliseconds, which means that when you press the button on the game controller, the game will react immediately.

Rocketfish Support

Question 14:How do I switch the output of my transmitter to a different WirelessHD receiver?

As long as the WirelessHD receiver includes a logo (whether it is an external adapter or integrated into a 2012 or later model TV), then the transmitter can connect to it by pressing and holding the HDMI/WVAN switch on the back of the transmitter for > 3 seconds.  The transmitter will then seek out the next receiver it can find within the same room.  If you run into difficulty using this feature then try powering off the old receiver before attempting to switch to the new receiver.

Rocketfish Support

Question 15: How can I switch the WirelessHD input of my receiver to a different transmitter?

As long as the WirelessHD transmitter includes a logo (whether it is an external adapter or integrated into a laptop, Blu-ray player, etc), then the receiver will accept any incoming WiHD connection requests from different WiHD sources.  You can trigger a connection request from the original Rocketfish transmitter (to switch back to the transmitter for example) by changing HDMI input ports, or power cycling the current selected HDMI source, or by power cycling the transmitter itself.  If your TV is HDMI-CEC compliant then you may also be able to switch between different WiHD transmitters using your TV remote.  Note that some WiHD source devices, such as a laptop with integrated Wireless HD, require the use of a software program called WirelessHD Application Controller in order to connect or disconnect to the WirelessHD receiver.

Rocketfish Support

Question 16: My WirelessHD kit was working, now I am receiving the message, “Please Wait” on my TV.

• Make sure that the TV or projector is switched to the correct HDMI input to which the WirelessHD receiver is connected.
  • Make sure that your source device is powered on and that the transmitter is switched to the correct input.
  • Power-cycle the receiver and transmitter.
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: My U-verse box goes into power-saving, my kit loses connection & I have to power cycle.

Our engineering team has determined that this WirelessHD kit and U-verse set top box have a basic incompatibility. When the power-saving feature engages, the signal connecting the devices is lost and can only be restored by power-cycling both the transmitter and receiver. Unfortunately, there is not a fix we can provide for this issue.

Rocketfish Support

Question 18: My kit will not work with my Dish HD receiver. How do I get them working together?

Unfortunately, there are some random compatibility issues experienced when using this kit with a Dish HD receiver. There is no fix at this time.

Rocketfish Support

Question 19: I have no signal & must power cycle after changing my display input. Why?

When you change inputs, the signal is lost between the transmitter and receiver. You will need to power off all connected devices and restart to reestablish the signal.