Rocketfish Support

Question 20:My kit will not transmit when using a Mac (DVI-HDMI), but does when connected to a TV.

We have investigated this issue and found a problem with the way our product handles the Mac DVI to HDMI conversion. Unfortunately, this product is not user upgradeable in the field.

Rocketfish Support

Question 21: I have no sound from my TV when I connect my devices using the kit. How do I get sound?

It is possible that this is a result of HDCP not handshaking properly. Power off all connected devices and the kit. Unplug them, then let them sit for about 30 seconds. Plug everything in and power on all devices. If you continue to experience this issue, please take the kit, with your receipt, to your local Best Buy Store Geek Squad desk for service under warranty.

Rocketfish Support

Question 22: Is your video and audio really uncompressed AND lossless?

Yes, the Rocketfish WirelessHD adapters implement the WirelessHD 1.0 standard that uses the interference-free 60 GHz frequency band to send audio and video at rates up to 4 Gbps through the air at distances of up to 32 feet, or 10 meters, within a room.  This amount of bandwidth is required to send every bit of 1080p/60 Hz digital video and audio data from inside of an HDMI cable through the air without dropping any of the bits.  WirelessHD 1.0 provides a fully lossless and uncompressed link where every bit that enters the transmitter from an HDMI source is sent out of the receiver to an HDMI TV.  This technology delivers every individual pixel to the TV as they were originally rendered by the content source.

Rocketfish Support

Question 23:My video & audio does not look as good as when my source is connected to my TV via HDMI.

[ Edited ]
  • It’s possible that your source may be using a video format that is not included on the list of supported formats for this product.  Try changing output formats on your HDMI source to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p which are common formats supported by this product as well as most sources and TVs with HDMI inputs. 

• Check your HDMI cables (both the cable from the receiver and the cable into the transmitter) to insure that they are not degrading the signal.

• If the video quality is degraded (especially on any still text in the image) then your RF performance may be degraded due to the relative positioning of the receiver and transmitter within the room. If the receiver and/or transmitter are inside of a cabinet then you might try removing them from the cabinet in order to increase the range that the transmitter can support with full quality lossless video.  Move the WirelessHD transmitter closer to the receiver (e.g., within 3 feet, or 1 meter) to verify that the picture becomes perfect again.  Then you can test moving the transmitter back towards your desired position.
Rocketfish Support

Question 24: Will this product work with a 120 Hz, 240 Hz or 600 Hz TV?

Yes. The screen refresh rate of the TV is completely independent of the WirelessHD kit or any source component connected to it.  The WirelessHD kit will work with any TV screen refresh rate.

Rocketfish Support

Question 25: Will the WirelessHD kit work with 3D?

Yes.  The WirelessHD kit supports all of the required 3D formats as defined in HDMI specification 1.4a, including:

• Frame packing: 1080p @ 23.98/24 Hz and 720p @ 50/59.94/60 Hz
  • Top-to-bottom: 1080p @ 23.98/24 Hz and 720p @ 50/59.94/60 Hz
  • Side-by-side: 1080i @ 50/59.94/60 Hz
Rocketfish Support

Question 26: Is the WirelessHD kit certified by any organization?

Yes.  The WirelessHD kit is certified by the WirelessHD association, which is a requirement of any product to bear either the WiHD(TM) or WirelesHD (TM) logos.

Rocketfish Support

Question 27: Will the WirelessHD kit work with other WiHD certified products?

Yes! The WirelessHD association has enabled Wireless Video Area Networking (WVAN), which enables multiple transmitters to send to a single receiver, or one transmitter to send to multiple receivers (all within the same room).

Rocketfish Support

Question 28: Where can I learn more about WirelessHD?

Additional information about the WirelessHD technology can be found at:

Rocketfish Support

Question 29: Does the chipset used in this WirelessHD kit have a software development kit (SDK)?

No, an SDK is not available.