Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Rocketfish 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless Stereo Headphones (RF-WHP212-A) FAQ (12-1093)

[ Edited ]

Setup and Usage Questions

Question 1: How do I setup my wireless headphones?

Question 2: How do I re-pair my headphones to the docking station?

Power Questions

Question 3: How do I charge my headphone batteries?

Question 4: Do my headphones come charged out of the box?

Question 5: How long does it take for my headphone batteries to charge?

Question 6: How do I know if my headphone batteries are charged?

Question 7: What should I do if my headphones will not turn on?

Question 8: What kind of batteries can I use with the headphones?

Question 9: How do I replace the batteries in the headphones

LED Indicator Questions

Question 10: Why is the POWER/PAIRING indicator on my headphones blinking red rapidly?

Question 11: What are the various states of the POWER/PAIRING indicator on the headphones?

Question 12: Why are the headphone POWER/PAIRING and docking station PAIRING indicators blinking?

Audio Questions

Question 13: What should I do if there is not sound coming from my headphones?

Question 14: What should I do if the sound has static noise or breaks up?

Question 15: What should I do if my headphones will not control the volume?

Question 16: What should I do if the headphone sound is not loud enough?

Question 17: What should if sound is only coming from one side of my headphones?

Question 18: What should I do if sound comes from my audio source when my headphones are connected?

General Questions

Question 19: Do I need to re-pair the headphones and docking station after unplugging the docking st...

Question 20: Can I get more information about my headphones?

Question 21: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 1: How do I setup my wireless headphones?

Install two AAA rechargable batteries:

1. Hold the left ear piece in one hand with the battery compartment facing up, then slide the battery compartment latch to the right.
  2. Remove the battery compartment lid.

12-1093_battery install_A.jpg

4. Insert both AAA batteries in to the battery compartment. Make sure to align the + and – symbols on the batteries with the symbols in the battery compartment.

12-1093_battery install_B.jpg

6. Close the battery compartment by engaging the pins in the battery compartment cover with the grooves in the top of the earpiece, then shutting the battery compartment until it clicks into place.

12-1093_battery install_C.jpg

Connect the docking station to your audio source (e.g., TV, stereo system):

1. Close the battery compartment by engaging the pins in the battery compartment cover with the grooves in the top of the earpiece, then shutting the battery compartment until it clicks into place.
12-1093_connect dock.jpg

Connect the AC adapter to the docking station:

1. Connect the AC adapter connector to the docking station’s DC 5V jack.
  2. Connect the AC adapter plug to an AC power outlet.

Turn on your system:

1. Turn the Power switch on the back of the docking station to “ON.” The PAIRING indicator begins to blink blue rapidly.
  2. Slide the POWER switch on the left earpiece to turn on the headphones. The POWER/PAIRING indicator on the headphones blinks blue rapidly.
  3. When the POWER/PAIRING indicator on the headphones and PAIRING indicator on the docking station both light blue steadily, an active link is established between the headphones and docking station.
    NOTE: Autopairing takes 5-10 seconds.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 2: How do I re-pair my headphones to the docking station?

1. Make sure the headphones and docking station are within range of each other (ideally in the same room).
  2. Turn the Power switch on the back of the docking station to “OFF.”
  3. Slide the POWER switch on the left earpiece to turn off the headphones.
  4. Turn the Power switch on the back of the docking station to “ON.” The PAIRING indicator begins to blink blue rapidly.
  5. Slide the POWER switch on the left earpiece to turn on the headphones. The POWER/PAIRING indicator on the headphones blinks blue rapidly.
  6. When the POWER/PAIRING indicator on the headphones and PAIRING indicator on the docking station both light blue steadily, an active link is established between the headphones and docking station.
    NOTE: Autopairing takes 5-10 seconds
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 3: How do I charge my headphone batteries?

• Place the headphones in the docking station. Make sure that the headphone charging contacts and the docking station charging pins make contact.
    Note: The docking station CHARGING indicator turns red to indicate the headphones are charging and turns green when the batteries are fully charged. It takes approximately four hours to fully charge the headphones.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 4: Do my headphones come charged out of the box?

• Yes. Your headphones will have some charge, but it is recommended that you charge the battery before you use the headphones for the first time. Make sure that the batteries are fully charged for at least four hours. This will provide a longer lifetime for the batteries.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 5: How long does it take for my headphone batteries to charge?

• Your headphone batteries will take approximately four hours to charge when fully drained.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 6: How do I know if my headphone batteries are charged?

• The docking station CHARGING indicator will turn green when the headphone batteries are fully charged.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 7: What should I do if my headphones will not turn on?

• Make sure that the headphone batteries are correctly installed.
  • Make sure that the headphone are charged. The headphone charging contacts and the docking station charging pins should make contact. You might have to rock them back and forth to make a good connection. The docking station CHARGING indicator turns red to indicate the headphones are charging. The indicator turns green when the headphones are fully charged.
  • Try power cycling the docking station by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
  • Try plugging the docking station into a different power outlet.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 8: What kind of batteries can I use with the headphones?

• Only use rechargeable AAA batteries.
  • Replace batteries with Ni-MH: 750 mAh or below, 1.2V.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 9: How do I replace the batteries in the headphones?

1. Hold the left ear piece in one hand with the battery compartment facing up, then slide the battery compartment latch to the right.
  2. Remove the battery compartment lid.

12-1093_battery install_A.jpg

3. Insert both AAA batteries in to the battery compartment. Make sure to align the + and – symbols on the batteries with the symbols in the battery compartment.

12-1093_battery install_B.jpg

4. Close the battery compartment by engaging the pins in the battery compartment cover with the grooves in the top of the earpiece, then shutting the battery compartment until it clicks into place.

12-1093_battery install_C.jpg