Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my HDMI switcher?

• Have you tried using your QSG to help you through this process? If more help is needed, follow the steps below.
  1. Connect an HDMI cable (not included) to the HDMI output of each of the devices then, connect the other end of each cable into one of the HDMI IN ports on the switcher.
  2. Connect one end of another HDMI cable to destination device such as a TV then, connect the other end of the cable to your HDMI switcher’s OUTPUT port.
  3. Connect the included AC adapter to the DC jack on the HDMI switcher; plug the other end into a standard AC outlet.
  4. Remove the plastic tab that extends past the bottom edge of the remote control.
  5. Press and hold the Power/Select button for 3 seconds to turn the switcher ON.
  6. Power on all connected devices and operate per the manufacturer’s instructions.

RF-G1185 setup.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I turn my HDMI switcher on and off?

• Press and hold the Power/Select button for 3 seconds to turn the switcher ON or OFF.

OR

• Press the Power ON/OFF button on the remote control.

NOTE: The power LED lights red when the switcher is ON.

Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I change to a different device?

• Your HDMI switch box operates in three modes: Auto-detect (default), manual, and remote control.
  • If in manual mode, press and release the Power/Select button quickly to switch between devices.

OR

• If using the remote control, press the number button on the remote control corresponding to the device you wish to select.

Note: If manual mode or the remote control is used, the auto-detect mode becomes disabled.

Rocketfish Support

Question 4: How do I put the switcher back into Auto-detect mode?

• Turn the switcher OFF, then ON.

OR

• Connect a new HDMI device.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: Why are the LEDs not on or lit?

• Make sure your switcher is plugged in and turned ON.
  • Make sure that all the devices are plugged in to a power outlet.
  • Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected to the device and the switcher.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I replace my remote control battery?

1. Push the small lever toward the battery holder and pull the battery holder from the remote control.
  2. Remove the old battery, then insert a CR2025 battery into the battery holder, positive (+) side up.
  3. Slide the battery holder back into the remote control.

RF-G1185 remote.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 7: There is no sound coming from my TV or A/V receiver.

Caution: Do not connect the switch box OUTPUT to a video recorder. Doing so will automatically lock up the audio transmission as required by HDCP (High Definition Content Protection).

• Make sure your TV and/or A/V receivers are set to the proper input.
  • Make sure the TV and the sources are set for HDMI and not DVI.
  • Make sure that the HDMI cables are not broken and are securely connected.
  • Press and hold Power/Select for 3 seconds to turn the switcher off and then turn it back on.
  • Make sure that the audio and video formats of the content being used (i.e., Blu-ray disc) are supported by all connected devices.
  • If you are connected to an A/V receiver, try changing the ports the cables are plugged into.
  • Make sure that you are using high-speed HDMI cables for all connections.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: The audio has some static.

• Make sure that the TV’s or A/V receiver’s audio resolution supports the source device’s output resolution.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: I have no video on my display.

• Make sure your switcher is plugged in and turned ON.
  • Make sure your TV is set to the proper input.
  • Make sure that your DVD movie is original. Note: HDMI includes HDCP copy protection, which prevents playback of illegally copied movies.
  • Make sure that the HDMI cables are not broken and are securely connected.
  • Make sure that the audio and video formats of the content being used (i.e., Blu-ray disc) are supported by all connected devices.