Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Full-Motion Wall Mount (RF-TVMFM03) FAQ

[ Edited ]
Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my Wall Mount?

Have you tried using the documentation that came with your wall mount to help you through this process? If more help is needed refer customer to the Milestone Technologies/Wall Mount Support line.

Rocketfish Support

Question 2: Do I need to use spacers/how do I know if my TV has an irregular or an obstructed back?

[ Edited ]
  • You need to use spacers if your TV has an irregular or an obstructed back. Here’s how you find out if you your TV has an irregular or an obstructed back.
      1. Carefully place your TV screen face-down on a  cushioned, clean surface to protect the screen from damages and  scratches.
      2. If your TV has a table-top stand attached, remove  the stand. See the documentation that came with your TV for instructions.
      3. Temporarily lay the vertical mounting TV brackets (A and B) on the back of your TV.   
      4. Temporarily slide the horizontal brackets (C) through the vertical brackets (A and B).   
      5. Align the screw holes in the brackets with the mounting screw holes on your TV. Position the brackets so they do not extend above or below your TV and do not cover any connectors or jacks. Make note of which bracket screw holes you will use.
      6. If the brackets lay flush against the back of your TV and do not block any jacks, your TV has a flat back and you do not need spacers.
      7. If there is a gap between a bracket and some part of the back of your TV, your TV has an irregularly-shaped back. If a bracket blocks any jacks, your TV has an obstructed back. In either case, you need spacers.  
      8. Remove the brackets, then separate the horizontal brackets from the vertical brackets.
    • Q02_tv-backs_regularvsirregular.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I know how high to mount my wall mount?

[ Edited ]
  • For help with determining where you need to drill screw holes, use the HeightFinder™ Installation Assistant at: http://mf1.bestbuy.selectionassistant.com/index.php/heightfinder
  • The center of your vertical brackets will match the center of the wall plate. Before you drill holes into the wall:
      2. Measure the distance between the center of the vertical brackets and the bottom of your TV. Record this as measurement A.  
      3. If you plan to place furniture (such as an entertainment center or TV stand) under your TV, measure the height of the furniture and any components you’ll be stacking on top of it. Record this as measurement B.  
      4. Measure the distance between the top of the furniture and components and where you want the bottom of the TV. Record this as measurement C.  
      5. Add A + B + C. The total measurement is the height where you want the center of the wall plate to be on the wall.  
      6. Use a pencil to mark this spot on the wall.

Q03_mount_location.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What tools do I need?

• Stud finder
  • Pencil
  • Level
  • Drill
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • Socket wrench with 1/2” (13 mm) socket or adjustable wrench
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: Can I use the screws that are already in the back of my TV?

[ Edited ]

Yes, but only a limited number of TVs come with mount hardware included. If your TV does not include mounting screws, please refer to the Rocketfish TV Wall Mount Assembly Guide.

Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I know what screws to use?

[ Edited ]
    Most large TV's (26” and above) use either a M6 or M8 sized screw. It is best to start with those when selecting TV hardware. Be sure to hand thread screws into the threaded screw holes on the back of your TV to determine the correct screw diameter and length. If your TV has an irregular or obstructed back, place a spacer between your TV back and the screw to make sure you have the correct length.

Caution: To avoid potential personal injuries and property damage, make sure that there are adequate threads to secure the brackets to your TV. If you encounter resistance, stop immediately and contact customer service. Use the shortest screw and spacer combination to accommodate your TV. Using hardware that is too long may damage your TV. However, using a screw that is too short may cause your TV to fall from the mount.

Rocketfish Support

Question 7: How do I remove the TV stand from the TV?

See the documentation that came with your TV for instructions on how to remove the stand base.

Rocketfish Support

Question 8: The brackets on the back of the TV are covering the power and/or ports.

• Did you use spacers when attaching the vertical brackets to the back of your TV?
    • NO. Follow instructions for attaching vertical brackets to an irregular or obstructed surface, which require the use of spacers.
    • YES. Try raising or lowering the vertical brackets on the back of your TV to allow for access to the ports.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: The TV isn’t level, how do I adjust it?

[ Edited ]
  • When the TV is mounted onto the arm assembly and secured, it can be adjusted to make it level.
  1. Loosen the two screws in the center of the arm assembly using the 5/32” hex key.
  2. Adjust the TV ± 6° either clockwise or counter-clockwise.
  3. Retighten the screws.

Q09_adjust_view_angle.jpg