Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Rocketfish Interactive Full-Motion TV Wall Mount (RF-TVMP20) FAQ (13-0236)

[ Edited ]
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 1: What types of walls can the wall mount be installed on?

• The wall mount can be installed on a wood stud wall or solid concrete wall.
  • The wall mount cannot be installed on a metal stud, concrete block, or brick wall.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 2: Can I use this wall mount to mount my TV in a corner?

• You can use this wall mount to mount your TV in a corner if the length (not diagonal size) of your TV is 30 inches or less and there is a wood stud or solid concrete wall.
  • Mounting your TV in a corner will limit your TV’s horizontal motion.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 3: Is this wall mount compatible with my TV?

• Your TV must weigh between 7 – 20 lbs. (3.2 – 9.1 kg)
  • Your TV cannot be larger than 32” diagonal.
  • The wall mount supports 75 × 75 mm, 100 × 100 mm, 100 × 200 mm, 200 × 200 mm, and
    200 × 100 mm VESA mounting patterns. See the documentation that came with your TV to see if your TV is compatible.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 4: What tools do I need to install this wall mount?

Before you begin, gather the following tools to hang your TV mount.

If you have a wood stud wall:

• Edge-to-edge stud finder
  • Measuring tape
  • Tape
  • Pencil
  • Level
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • 1/2” (13 mm) socket wrench or adjustable wrench
  • Drill
  • 7/32” (5.5 mm) wood drill bit

If you have a solid concrete or concrete block wall:

• Measuring tape
  • Hammer
  • Tape
  • Pencil
  • Level
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • 1/2” (13 mm) socket wrench or adjustable wrench
  • Drill
  • 3/8” (9.5 mm) masonry drill bit
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 5: What should I do if the tools do not fit the hardware?

• If the tools do not fit the hardware, move up or down a size until you find the correct match.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 6: Where can I find installation instructions?

• You can find installation instructions in the wall mount’s User Manual, which is available on the Rocketfish website (www.rocketfishproducts.com/). To go to the product page, type
    RF-TVMP20” into the search bar, then click Search. The User Manual can be downloaded from the Support/Downloads tab.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 7: Where should I install the wall mount?

[ Edited ]

Mounting considerations:

• Your TV should be high enough so that your eyes are level with the middle of the screen. This is normally 40 to 60 inches from the ground.
  • Your wall mount can move 13” in all directions. You should select a location that allows your TV to move through its full range of motion. You will need:
    • Horizontal space: 26” (660 mm) + the width of your TV
    • Vertical space: 26” (660 mm) + the height of your TV
    • Distance from wall: 16.6” (422 mm) + the depth of your TV
  • Keep in mind that the center of your TV matches the center of the wall plate when the TV is fully extended. When flat against the wall, the TV is 13” to the left or right of the wall plate.
mount position.jpg

• Before installation, you should determine what position your TV will typically be in. Use the following range of motion illustration to help determine the position for your wall mount.
    Warning: Leaving the wall mount fully extended can present a risk of injury. Do not leave fully extended in a high traffic area.
Range of motion.jpg

If the wall mount will typically be flat against the wall:

1. Measure the distance from the bottom of your TV to the middle (half of the height of the TV). This is measurement a.
  2. Measure the distance from the floor to where you want the bottom of the TV to be placed on the wall when the assembly is horizontal. This is measurement b.
    Note: Your TV should be mounted in a position that will not cause it to come in contact with furniture or items placed on top of furniture. See the “Mounting Considerations” above for more information.
  3. Add a + b. The total measurement is the height where you want the center of the TV to be.
  4. If you are installing the wall mount on a concrete wall, measure 13” to the left OR right of the b measured position. This will be the position for the center of the wall plate. This is measurement c.
    OR
    If you are installing the wall mount on a wood stud wall, use an edge-to-edge stud finder to locate the center of a stud. This will be the position for the center of the wall plate. The center of the TV will be 13” to the left OR right of the stud when flat against the wall.
  5. Use a pencil to mark this spot on the wall.
13-0236_mount placemnet.jpg

If the wall mount will typically be fully extended:

1. Measure the distance from the bottom of your TV to the middle (half of the height of the TV). This is measurement a.
  2. Measure the distance from the floor to where you want the bottom of the TV to be placed on the wall. This is measurement b.
    Note: Your TV should be mounted in a position that will not cause it to come in contact with furniture or items placed on top of furniture. See the “Mounting Considerations” above for more information.
  3. Add a + b. The total measurement is the height where you want the center of the TV to be.
  4. If you are installing the wall mount on a concrete wall, this will be the desired position for the center of the wall plate.
    OR
    If you are installing the wall mount on a wood stud wall, use an edge-to-edge stud finder to locate the center of a stud. The stud you select will be the horizontal position for the center of your TV.
    Note: If there is no stud where you want the center of your TV to be, your wall mount can move your TV to the left or right 13”.
  5. Use a pencil to mark this spot on the wall.
13-0236_mounting configuration.jpg
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 8: How do I find a stud?

• Use an edge-to-edge stud finder to find studs in your wall. See the documentation that came with the stud finder for instructions.
Rocketfish Support
FAQ-RF

Question 9: What should I do if my TV cannot be centered on the wall because of the stud location?

• If you are installing your TV on a wood stud wall, your wall mount must be mounted on a stud. Improper installation may cause injury or damage your TV or wall.
  • This wall mount moves your TV 13” in all directions from the center of the wall plate. After installation, move your TV to the best viewing position.