Rocketfish Support

Question 10: What should I do if my TV cannot be centered on the wall because of the stud location?

• If you are installing your TV on a wood stud wall, your wall mount must be mounted on a stud. Improper installation may cause injury or damage your TV or wall. Consider purchasing a full motion wall mount that allows you to move your TV horizontally to the desired position.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: How do I tell if I need to install the adapters?

1. Carefully place your TV screen face down on a cushioned, clean surface to protect the screen from damage and scratches.
  2. If your TV has a table top stand attached, remove the stand. See the documentation that came with your TV for instructions.
  3. Measure the distance between the mounting holes on the back of your TV. If the distance is equal to 7.9” (200 mm), you will need to attach the VESA adapters. If the distance is greater than 7.9” (200 mm), the VESA adapters are not needed.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: What should I do if my TV does not match the wall mount’s mounting configurations?

• The wall mount is compatible with 200 × 200 mm, 200 × 300 mm, 200 × 400 mm, 300 × 200 mm, 300 × 300 mm, 300 × 400 mm, 400 × 200 mm, and 400 × 400 mm VESA mounting patterns. See the documentation that came with your TV to see if your TV is compatible.
    Note: You must install adapters if the distance between the horizontal holes is 200 mm.
  • You cannot use this wall mount if your TV does not match your TV’s mounting configurations. See the documentation that came with your TV to find out which configurations work with your TV, then purchase a wall mount with a compatible VESA mounting configuration.
Rocketfish Support

Question 13: What kind of screws, washers, or spacers should I use?

• Use the mounting hardware that came with your TV, if included. This hardware is almost always in the holes on the back of the TV.
  • If your TV did not come with mounting hardware and you don’t know the correct length and diameter of the mounting screws that your TV requires, test the various sizes by hand threading the screws. If a screw is too long, you can use the included spacers to get the best fit. Select the shortest screw and spacer combination to accommodate your TV.
    Note: Using hardware that is too long may damage your TV. However, using a screw that is too short may cause your TV to fall from the mount. See the documentation that came with your TV for screw size information.

13-0246_screws.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 14: What should I do if none of the screws fit my TV?

• Some TVs come with mounting hardware. If included, this hardware is almost always in the holes on the back of the TV.
  • Select a longer screw that fits the thread of your TV’s screw hole. Insert a spacer onto the screw, then hand thread it into the TV to check the length. Make sure that the screw is flush against the spacer, but do not over-tighten.
  • While Rocketfish tries to provide hardware that will fit all TVs, it is not always possible to anticipate every manufacturer’s specifications. If none of the included screws fit your TV’s threads or spacers do not provide a correct fit, purchase the correct screw size from your local hardware store. You will need four screws to attach the mounting hardware to your TV. See the documentation that came with your TV for screw size information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 15: How do I tell if my TV has a flat, irregular, or obstructed back?

1. Carefully place your TV screen face-down on a cushioned, clean surface to protect the screen from damages and scratches.
  2. If your TV has a table-top stand attached, remove the stand. See the documentation that came with your TV for instructions.
  3. Temporarily lay the vertical rails on the back of your TV.
  4. Align the screw holes in the vertical rails with the mounting screw holes on your TV.
    Note: If the vertical rails do not reach or align with your TV’s mounting screw holes you need to attach the VESA adapters to the vertical rails. Use the included pan head screws (4) and nylock nuts (4) to attach the adapters. Make sure that the flat sides of the adapters are against the TV.
  5. Identify which type of back your TV has:
  • If the vertical rails and VESA adapters (if needed) lay flush against the back of your TV and do not block any jacks, you have a flat back TV. You do not need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_flat back.jpg

• If the vertical rails and VESA adapters (if needed) block any of the jacks on the back of your TV, you have an obstructed back TV. You need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_obstructed back.jpg

• If there is a gap between the vertical rails and VESA adapters (if needed) and some part of the back of your TV, you have an irregularly-shaped back TV. You need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_irregularly shaped back.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 16: Where do the cables that hang from my TV go?

• After connecting the cables to your TV, secure the cables with the included cable ties, cable tubing, and cable clip.
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: Why do I have leftover hardware?

• Rocketfish includes hardware to accommodate a wide variety of TV and wall types. You will have leftover hardware after installation.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: What should I do if my TV does not stay where I set it?

[ Edited ]

Make sure that all your equipment is correctly installed on the product before adjusting. The wall mount should move smoothly and easily up and down and stay where you set it. Depending on the weight of your TV and the type of adjustment, it may take many turns to notice a difference. To adjust the wall mount tension, you need a socket wrench with a 13 mm socket (not included)

If your TV won’t stay up or down:

• If your TV won’t stay up when raised, increase the lift tension setting. Use a socket wrench with a 13 mm socket to tighten the bolt on the top of the lift assembly.
  • If your TV won’t stay down when lowered, decrease the lift tension setting. Use a socket wrench with a 13 mm socket to loosen the bolt on the top of the lift assembly.
Vertical-tension_13-0246.jpg

If your TV is tilting forward or backward:

1. Loosen the two adjustment knobs on the vertical rails behind the mounted TV.
  2. Adjust your TV’s tilt position, then tighten the adjustment knobs to hold the TV in place.
Tilt-adjustment_13-0246.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: How do I uninstall my wall mount?

Warning: To avoid damage to your TV and injury, make sure that you have help while removing the TV from the wall.

1. Unplug your TV from its power outlet and any devices connected to it.
  2. Remove the knob screws on the bottom of the vertical rails.
  3. Remove-knob-screw_13-0246.jpg

4. Pull the bottom of your TV towards you, then lift the TV up and off the lift assembly.
  5. Remove-TV_13-0246.jpg

6. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the vertical rails from the back of your TV.
  7. Use a 4 mm Allen wrench (included) to remove the four horizontal rails from the lift assembly. There are 16 screws attaching the horizontal rails to the lift assembly.
  8. Horizontal-rails_13-0246.jpg

9. If the lift assembly is attached to a wood stud wall, remove the two screws that attach the snap toggles to the sheetrock with a 4 mm Allen wrench (included), then use a socket wrench with a 13 mm socket to remove the two lag bolts.
    OR
    If the lift assembly is attached to a concrete wall, use a socket wrench with a 13 mm socket to remove the four lag bolts from the wall.