Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Low-Profile Tilting Wall Mount (RF-TVMLPT03) FAQ (13-0162)

[ Edited ]
Rocketfish Support

Question 1: What tools do I need to install this wall mount?

Before you begin, gather the following tools to hang your TV mount.

If you have a wood stud wall:

• Edge-to-edge stud finder
  • Measuring tape
  • Tape
  • Pencil
  • Level
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • 1/2” (13 mm) socket wrench or adjustable wrench
  • Drill
  • 7/32” (5.5 mm) wood drill bit

If you have a solid concrete or concrete block wall:

• Measuring tape
  • Hammer
  • Tape
  • Pencil
  • Level
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • 1/2” (13 mm) socket wrench or adjustable wrench
  • Drill
  • 3/8” (9.5 mm) masonry drill bit
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: Can mount my TV in a corner with this wall mount?

• No. This wall mount cannot be used as a corner mount.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: What should I do if the tools or my wall plate template do not fit the hardware?

[ Edited ]
  • If the tools do not fit the hardware, move up or down a size until you find the correct match.
  • If the wall plate template you have does not match the hardware, see Question 7.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: Where can I find installation instructions?

Rocketfish Support

Question 5: Where should I install the wall mount?

Your TV should be high enough so that your eyes are level with the middle of the screen. This is normally 40 to 60 inches from the ground. The center of your TV will match the center of the wall plate. For an easy height calculation, use Best Buy’s online HeightFinder™ Installation Assistant at http://mf1.bestbuy.selectionassistant.com/index.php/heightfinder

To determine the wall mount location:

1. Measure the distance from the bottom of your TV to the middle (half of the height of the TV). This is measurement a.
  2. Measure the distance from the floor to where you want the bottom of the TV to be placed on the wall. Keep in mind that the bottom of the TV should be placed above any furniture. This is measurement b.
  3. Add a + b. The total measurement is the height where you want the center of the wall plate to be on the wall.
  4. Use a pencil to mark this spot on the wall.
13-0162_TV location.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: What types of walls can the wall mount be installed on?

• The wall mount can be installed on a wood stud wall, solid concrete wall, or concrete block wall.
  • The wall mount cannot be installed on a metal stud wall or brick wall.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: How do I know where to drill holes if I do not have a wall plate template?

[ Edited ]

If you do not have the included wall mount template, you can use the wall plate to determine where to drill.

If you have a wood stud wall:

1. Locate the studs you want to use, then find the center with an edge-to-edge stud finder.
  2. Align the wall plate where you want to hang your TV and have someone hold it in place. Use a level to make sure that the wall plate is straight.
    Note: See Question 5 for wall mount placement information.
  3. Use a pencil to mark the four lag bolt hole locations on the center of the studs.

13-0162_wood stud wall.jpg 

If you have a solid concrete or concrete block wall:

1. Align the wall plate where you want to hang your TV and have someone hold it in place. Use a level to make sure that the wall plate is straight.
    Note: See Question 5 for wall mount placement information.
  2. Use a pencil to mark the lag bolt hole locations in the gaps of the wall plate. Select four points in the upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, and lower-right corners that are not in the mortar between concrete blocks.
13-0162_concrete wall.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: How do I tell if my TV has a flat, irregular, or obstructed back?

1. Carefully place your TV screen face-down on a cushioned, clean surface to protect the screen from damages and scratches.
  2. If your TV has a table-top stand attached, remove the stand. See the documentation that came with your TV for instructions.
  3. Temporarily lay the TV brackets on the back of your TV.
  4. Align the screw holes in the TV brackets with the mounting screw holes on your TV.
  5. Identify which type of back your TV has:
  • If the brackets lay flush against the back of your TV and do not block any jacks, you have a flat back TV. You do not need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_flat back.jpg

• If a bracket blocks any of the jacks on the back of your TV, you have an obstructed back TV. You need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_obstructed back.jpg 

• If there is a gap between a bracket and some part of the back of your TV, you have an irregularly-shaped back TV. You need spacers to assemble the wall mount.

13-0246_irregularly shaped back.jpg 

Rocketfish Support

Question 9: What kind of screws, washers, or spacers should I use?

• Use the mounting hardware that came with your TV, if included. This hardware is almost always in the holes on the back of the TV.
  • If your TV did not come with mounting hardware and you don’t know the correct length and diameter of the mounting screws that your TV requires, test the various sizes by hand threading the screws. If a screw is too long, you can use the included spacers to get the best fit. Select the shortest screw and spacer combination to accommodate your TV.
    Note: Using hardware that is too long may damage your TV. However, using a screw that is too short may cause your TV to fall from the mount.

13-0246_screws.jpg