Rocketfish Support

Question 10: What should I do if none of the screws fit my TV?

• Some TVs come with mounting hardware. If included, this hardware is almost always in the holes on the back of the TV.
  • Select a longer screw that fits the thread of your TV’s screw hole. Insert a spacer onto the screw, then hand thread it into the TV to check the length. Make sure that the screw is flush against the spacer, but do not over-tighten.
  • If none of the included screws fit your TV’s threads or spacers do not provide a correct fit, purchase the correct screw size from your local hardware store. You will need four screws to attach the mounting hardware to your TV. See the documentation that came with your TV for screw size information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: What should I do if the bracket is not long enough to reach the studs in the wall?

• The wall mount is compatible with walls that have the standard distance of 16” or 24” between wood studs. If the bracket is not long enough to reach the studs, move the bracket to a location where two studs can be reached.

Warning: The wall mount must be attached to two studs. Failure to follow these instructions may result in equipment damage or injury.

Rocketfish Support

Question 12: Why do I have leftover hardware?

• Rocketfish includes hardware to accommodate a wide variety of TV and wall types. You will have leftover hardware after installation.
Rocketfish Support

Question 13: Where do the cables that hang from my TV go?

• Your TV’s power cable and cables from connected devices will hang down from your TV. Consider purchasing cable clips or ties for easy cord management.
Rocketfish Support

Question 14: How do I change the angle of my wall mount?

Note: The wall mount tilts up and down, but does not turn to the left or right.

1. Loosen the swivel tension knob by hand or by using a 3/16” hex key (not included), then adjust the tilt angle by gripping the top and bottom of the TV and manually moving the TV to the angle you want.
  2. Retighten the swivel tension knob when the TV is in the position that you want. Make sure that you do not over-tighten the knob.

13-0162_Adjust-tilt-angle.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 15: How do I adjust my TV so that it is level?

• If the TV is crooked, adjust the level by loosening and tightening the screws on the tops of the vertical brackets with a Phillips screwdriver. Use a level to make sure that the TV is straight.

13-0162_Adjust-tilt-angle_2.jpg

Rocketfish Support

Question 16: What should I do if it is hard to change the angle of my wall mount?

• Make sure that you loosen the swivel tension knob before moving the TV.
  • If the swivel tension knob is difficult to turn, use a 3/16” hex key (not included) to loosen the knob.
  • The wall mount tilts up and down, but does not turn to the left or right. To turn your TV to the left or right, purchase a full-motion wall mount, such as the RF-TVMFM02. To go to the product page, visit http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/home-theater/RF-TVMFM02.html
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: What should I do if I cannot plug in cords because the TV is too close to the wall?

It is normal for the wall mount to be close to the wall because it is a “low-profile” model. However, there are a few things you can try to get better clearance for your cables.

• Install the TV onto the wall mount with the included spacers.
  • Unplug the TV and connected devices from their power outlets, then remove the TV from the wall. After inserting the cords into the back of the TV, reattach the TV to the wall.
    Note: Make sure that you have help while you move the TV to avoid injury.
  • Purchase new cables that will fit between the TV and wall easier.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: How do I uninstall my wall mount?

1. Pull the latches on the back of the wall mount down to unlock the TV.

2. 13-0162_Remove TV_1.jpg 

3. Pull the bottom of the TV out from the wall and lift it up and off the wall plate.

4. 13-0162_Remove TV_2.jpg 

5. Carefully place your TV screen face-down on a cushioned, clean surface, then use a screwdriver to remove the TV bracket screws and wall mount on the back of your TV.
  6. Use a socket wrench to remove the lag bolts and wall plate from the wall.
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Low-Profile Tilting Wall Mount?