Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Rocketboost Wireless Bookshelf Speakers (RF-RBWS01) FAQ (13-0160)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: How do I set up my wireless speakers?

Question 2: Can I mount my wireless speakers to the wall?

Question 3: How do I replace the remote control’s battery?

Usage

Question 4: How do I turn the wireless sender/receiver or wireless speakers on or off?

Question 5: How do I select the audio input source?

Question 6: How do I play audio through a different Rocketboost device?

Question 7: If I turn off the wireless sender/receiver, will it turn off the wireless speakers?

Question 8: What should I do if my remote control is not working?

Question 9: How do I control volume and audio playback?

Question 10: Why are my wireless speaker or wireless sender/receiver lights flashing?

Rocketboost

Question 11: What is Rocketboost technology?

Question 12: How many devices can I have in my Rocketboost network?

Question 13: How do I manually join my wireless speakers if this is my first Rocketboost product?

Question 14: How do I join my wireless speakers to an existing Rocketboost network?

Question 15: What should I do if I cannot join my wireless speakers to my Rocketboost network?

Question 16: What is the range of my wireless speakers?

Question 17: What is the frequency of the Rocketboost wireless signal?

Audio

Question 18: How do I listen to audio through my wireless speakers?

Question 19: How do I listen to audio through several Rocketboost devices?

Question 20: What should I do if the sound from my wireless speakers is not loud enough?

Question 21: What should I do if I hear static through the speakers?

Question 22: What should I do if I cannot hear sound through my wireless speakers?

Question 23: What should I do if I cannot play audio from a computer?

General

Question 24: How big are the wireless speakers?

Question 25: Why are the speakers called “wireless” if I have to connect wires?

Question 26: Where can I get more information about  my speakers?

Question 27: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I set up my wireless speakers?

1. Make sure that the wireless sender/receiver is at least 18 inches (0.46 meters) from WiFi routers.
  2. Adjust the wireless sender/receiver antennas. In some cases, you may improve the range by rotating both antennas to create a 180° angle.
  3. orient-the-wireless-sender_receiver.jpg

4. Connect your audio source (for example, your home theater receiver or MP3 player) to the LINE IN jack or USB jack on the rear of the wireless sender/receiver, using the 3.5 mm audio cable or the USB cable.
    Notes:
    • If your audio source uses RCA line out connectors, connect the 3.5 mm cable to the RCA adapter. Plug the other end of the 3.5 mm cable into the wireless sender/receiver and the RCA adapter into your audio device. 
    • Make sure that the colors of the RCA adapter match the RCA jacks on your audio source.
    connecting the wireless sender-receiver.jpg

5. Connect the power cord to the wireless sender/receiver’s DC IN jack, then plug the other end into a power outlet. The wireless sender/receiver turns on automatically. Make sure that the AC power outlet matches the wireless sender/receiver’s AC input (100—240V) before connecting.
  6. Connect the power cord to the wireless speaker’s DC IN jack, then plug the other end into a power outlet. The wireless speaker system turns on and joins automatically.
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: Can I mount my wireless speakers to the wall?

• No. These wireless speakers are not wall mountable.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I replace the remote control’s battery?

1. Press the battery tray lock to the right, then slide out the battery tray. You can remove the battery tray with your fingernails by using the spaces set back in the remote control.
  2. replacing the battery.jpg 

3. Replace the battery with a CR2025 or equivalent. Make sure that you match the polarity on the battery with the plus sign (+) on the battery tray.
  4. Slide the tray, with the new battery, into the battery compartment until it clicks into place.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: How do I turn the wireless sender/receiver or wireless speakers on or off?

[ Edited ]

Note: The wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers automatically turn on when initially connecting to a power outlet.

To turn the wireless sender/receiver on or off:

1. To turn off the wireless sender/receiver, press Power-Symbol.jpg (power). The power indicator turns off and the standby indicator turns red.
  2.  To turn on the wireless sender/receiver, press Power-Symbol.jpg (power). The power indicator lights.

To turn the wireless speakers on and off:

1. To turn off the wireless speaker, press Power-Symbol.jpg (power). The power indicator turns off and the standby indicator turns red.
  2. To turn on the wireless speaker, press Power-Symbol.jpg (power). The power indicator lights.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: How do I select the audio input source?

Use your remote control to select the audio input source.

• Press USB In to listen to audio from the device connected to the USB jack of your wireless sender/receiver.
  • Press Line In to listen to the audio from the device connected to the LINE IN jack of your wireless sender/receiver.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I play audio through a different Rocketboost device?

1. Connect the wireless sender to your source device, then play audio.
  2. On the other Rocketboost receiver that you want to listen to, press SOURCE until you hear the audio from your source device.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: If I turn off the wireless sender/receiver, will it turn off the wireless speakers?

• No. The wireless sender/receiver will stop transmitting, but it will not turn off the speakers. Press Power-Symbol.jpg (power) to turn the wireless speakers on and off.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: What should I do if my remote control is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have removed the insulation sheet in the battery tray of the remote control.
  • Make sure that you are no more than 23 feet (7 meters) from IR sensor on the front of the wireless sender/receiver and that the angle is no more than 30 degrees from the center line.
  • Make sure that you have selected the correct audio input. Press USB In or LINE In on your remote control to select the correct input.
  • The battery in your remote control battery may be dead. Try replacing it with a new battery. See Question 3 for more information.
  • To get the most volume throughout the system, make sure that your audio input sources (for example, your home theater receiver or MP3 player) have their volume turned up to at least 50% of their volume level.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: How do I control volume and audio playback?

[ Edited ]

You can use the remote control with both the wireless sender/receiver and the wireless speaker, depending on the remote control function being used. To use the remote, aim the remote control at the IR sensor on the front of the wireless sender/receiver or wireless speaker. Make sure that you are within 23 feet (7 meters) and the angle is no more than 30 degrees from the center line. 

remote control.jpg

To select the audio input and output sources:

• Press Source on the front of the wireless speaker to select a different audio stream on your Rocketboost network. Each press moves to the next source.

OR
  1. Select either USB In or LINE In on your remote controlwhichever your audio device is connected to.
  2. Press Next Source to select a different audio stream on your Rocketboost network. Each press moves to the next source.

To control the volume:

• To change the volume level of your wireless speaker, press the decrease-volume.jpg or increase-volume.jpg DEVICE volume buttons on the remote control.

OR

• Turn the volume control knob on the front of the wireless speaker to increase or decrease the volume.
  • To change the volume level of all devices streaming the audio, press the decrease-volume.jpg or increase-volume.jpg STREAM volume button on the remote control.
  • To mute all devices in the network, press Mute.jpg (ALL) on the remote control. To unmute, press Mute.jpg (ALL).

To control playback:

If you have connected the wireless sender/receiver to your computer with a USB connection, you can use the three playback buttons on the remote control to skip to the previous/next track or play/pause a track. The playback buttons will work for songs played on the computer with Windows Media Player and iTunes, but may not work with other software.

• If your wireless sender/receiver is connected to your computer with a USB connection, press play-pause.jpg on your remote control to play or pause audio.
  • If your wireless sender/receiver is connected to your computer with a USB connection, press  Skip-back.jpg  to skip to the previous track or Skip-forward.jpg to skip to the next track.
  • If your wireless sender/receiver is connected through the LINE IN jack, use the playback controls on the connected device.