Rocketfish Support

Question 10: Why are my wireless speaker or wireless sender/receiver lights flashing?

[ Edited ]

If the wireless sender/receiver or wireless speaker indicator lights are flashing, the devices are not joined.

• For information about manually joining your wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers, see Question 13.
  • For information about joining an existing Rocketboost network, see Question 14.
  • If you are unable to join your wireless sender/receiver and wireless speaker, see Question 15 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 11: What is Rocketboost technology?

• Rocketboost is an expandable wireless digital audio that connects audio devices throughout your home to form a home audio network.
  • Rocketboost products include “senders,” which send or transmit audio streams, and “receivers,” which receive the audio. This lets you listen to music from your sender in other rooms using your receiver.
  • Every Rocketboost network must contain one hub device, which helps devices join the network. The network can have only one hub. Enabling a second hub creates a separate wireless network. We recommend that you run only one Rocketboost network in your home to minimize interference and confusion with multiple networks.
    Note: Hub devices must always have power for your network to operate. The hub device can be in standby (power saving) mode, but must stay plugged in.
  • If this is your first Rocketboost product, you should make the wireless sender/receiver the hub by enabling the HUB switch on the back of a Rocketboost wireless ender/receiver. If you already have Rocketboost products, you should disable hub mode on the wireless sender/receiver.
Rocketfish Support

Question 12: How many devices can I have in my Rocketboost network?

• You can have a maximum of nine Rocketboost devices in your network. If you already have nine devices and attempt to join another one, then joining will fail for the new device.
Rocketfish Support

Question 13: How do I manually join my wireless speakers if this is my first Rocketboost product?

[ Edited ]

The wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers have been joined at the factory. Use these instructions if the devices failed to join, or if you need to re-join. After the devices are joined once, they will remember each other and join automatically when your devices are turned on again. Because of this, you can join all of your network components in the same room before installing them in their permanent locations. If you already have an existing Rocketfish network, see Question 14 for setup instructions.

To join your wireless speakers:

1. Set up your wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers. See Question 1 for setup information.
  2. Set the HUB switch on the wireless sender/receiver to ENABLE. The power indicators turn green.
  3. Press and hold the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button on the wireless sender/receiver for more than three seconds to put it into joining mode. The power indicator starts blinking rapidly and the wireless sender/receiver stays in joining mode for 30 seconds.
  4. Press and hold the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button on the wireless speaker for more than three seconds. The wireless speaker enters joining mode. The power indicators light solid when the joining is complete.
    Note: If the power indicators blink slowly the joining was not successful. See Question 15 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 14: How do I join my wireless speakers to an existing Rocketboost network?

[ Edited ]

Every Rocketboost network must contain one hub device, which helps devices join the network. After the devices are joined once, they will remember each other and join automatically when your devices are turned on again. Hub devices must always have power for your network to operate. The hub device can be in standby (power-saving) mode, but must stay plugged in.

To connect your wireless speakers to your existing Rocketboost network:

1. Set the HUB switch on the wireless sender/receiver to DISABLE. The power indicators turn blue.
  2. Press and hold the POWER button on your hub device for more than three seconds to put it into joining mode. The power indicator starts blinking rapidly and the unit will stay in joining mode for 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button on the wireless sender/receiver for more than three seconds. The Hub device and wireless sender/receiver enter joining mode. The power indicators light solid when the joining is successful.
    Note: The power indicators blink slowly if the joining was not successful.
  4. Press and hold the POWER button on your hub device for more than three seconds to put it into joining mode. The power indicator starts blinking rapidly and the hub device will stay in joining mode for 30 seconds.
  5. Press and hold the Power-Symbol.jpg (power) button on the wireless speaker for more than three seconds. The Hub device and wireless speaker enter joining mode. The power indicators light solid when the joining is complete.
    Note: The power indicators blink slowly if the joining was not successful. See Question 15 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 15: What should I do if I cannot join my wireless speakers to my Rocketboost network?

• Make sure that the hub device is connected to a working power outlet. The hub device can be in standby mode, but must be plugged in.
  • Make sure that the antenna(s) are raised on the wireless sender/receiver.
  • A Rocketboost network can only contain one hub device. Make sure that only one wireless sender/receiver in your network is set to ENABLE. The power indicator is green when the HUB switch is set to ENABLE and blue when the HUB switch is set to DISABLE.
  • The maximum distance is 150 feet (45.7 meters) when the speakers are in a line of sight with the wireless sender/receiver. However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions. Move the wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers closer together.
  • Turn off the wireless sender/receiver and wireless speaker, then turn them back on.
Rocketfish Support

Question 16: What is the range of my wireless speakers?

• The maximum distance is 150 feet (45.7 meters) when the speakers are in a line of sight with the wireless sender/receiver. However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
Rocketfish Support

Question 17: What is the frequency of the Rocketboost wireless signal?

• The Rocketboost wireless signal runs on the 2.4 GHz band.
Rocketfish Support

Question 18: How do I listen to audio through my wireless speakers?

[ Edited ]
  1. Turn on the wireless sender/receiver and wireless speakers. The power indicator LEDs light solid.
    Note: If the indicator LEDs are blinking you need to rejoin the wireless sender/receiver and wirelessspeaker. See the Question 13 for more information.
  2. Point the remote control at the wireless sender/receiver and press either USB-IN or LINE-IN, depending on which audio input you are using.
  3. Play audio from the device connected to your wireless sender/receiver and listen to itfrom the wireless speakers.
    Note
    : Make sure that you turn up the volume on your audio source device to at least 50%.
  4. Adjust the volume level on your wireless speaker. If you have multiple audio sources in yourRocketboost network, press the Source button on the wireless speaker to cycle through all available audio sources.
Rocketfish Support

Question 19: How do I listen to audio through several Rocketboost devices?

[ Edited ]
  1. Turn on the wireless sender/receiver and Rocketboost devices that you want to listen to audio through. The power indicator LEDs shouldlight solid.
    Note: If the indicator LEDs are blinking you need to rejoin the wireless sender/receiver and wirelessspeaker. See the Question 13 for more information.
  2. Point the remote control at the wireless sender/receiver and press either USB-IN or LINE-IN, depending on which audio input you are using.
  3. Play audio from the device connected to your wireless sender/receiver and listen to itfrom the wireless speakers.
  4. Press the Source button on the wireless speaker and other Rocketboost devices until you hear the audio source that you want to listen to.
  5. Adjust the volume level on all the wireless speakers you want to listen to audio through.
    Note: Make sure that you turn up the volume on your audio source device to at least 50%.