Rocketfish Support

Question 20: What should I do if the sound from my wireless speakers is not loud enough?

• To maximize your volume level through the system, make sure that the volume of your source device (for example, your home theater receiver or MP3 player) is turned up to at least 50% of its volume level. If you are using headphones, make sure that the audio source is at least 80% of its maximum volume.
  • Turn up the volume of the wireless speaker using the volume control knob or the remote control.
  • Shorten the distance between the Rocketboost wireless devices. The maximum distance is 150 feet (45 m). However, this distance may decrease if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Other devices, such as cordless phones, microwaves, or wireless routers, may cause interference. Try turning the devices off one at a time to determine which device is causing interference.
    Note: If your cordless phone or wireless router is causing interference try changing the channel it is using. See the manual that came with the device for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 21: What should I do if I hear static through the speakers?

• Make sure that all of the audio cables are correct and secure.
  • Experiment with different orientations or locations of your wireless sender/receiver.
  • Adjust the wireless sender/receiver’s antennas to get a better signal.
  • Make sure that your wireless sender/receiver is more than 18 inches from WiFi routers.
  • Shorten the distance between the Rocketboost wireless devices. The maximum distance is 150 feet (45 m). However, this distance may decrease if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Other devices, such as cordless phones, microwaves, or wireless routers, may cause interference. Try turning the devices off one at a time to determine which device is causing interference.
    Note: If your cordless phone or wireless router is causing interference try changing the channel it is using. See the manual that came with the device for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 22: What should I do if I cannot hear sound through my wireless speakers?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that all of the audio cables are correct and secure.
  • Make sure that the audio source connected to your wireless sender/receiver is ON.
  • Make sure that the hub device is connected to a power outlet. The hub device can be in standby mode, but must be connected to power.
  • Make sure that the power indicators of the Rocketboost wireless sender/receiver are lit solid. If the indicators are blinking, you need to join the wireless speakers to the wireless sender/receiver. See Question 13 for more information.
  • Turn up the volume level of your wireless speakers.
  • Turn up the volume level of the audio source that is connected to the wireless sender/receiver.
    Note: If you are using a computer, you may have to adjust the operating system volume settings or in the application you are using.
  • Make sure that the wireless sender/receiver is not muted. The Receiver Mode indicator light (Rx) blinks when the device is muted.
  • Make sure that the correct audio source is selected. If your wireless sender/receiver is connected to your audio device with a USB connection, press USB In on your remote control. If your wireless sender/receiver is connected to your audio device with an AUX or VGA connection, press LINE In on your remote control.
  • Surround sound speakers may not always have audio playing from them. If you do not hear audio from your surround sounds speakers, test your surround sound speakers by playing a different audio file that utilizes surround sound.
Rocketfish Support

Question 23: What should I do if I cannot play audio from a computer?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the USB cable is connected to the wireless sender/receiver and your computer correctly.
  • Make sure that you have selected the USB jack as the audio input source by pressing USB-In button on the remote control.
  • Turn up the volume in your operating system settings, the application you are using, and your wireless speakers.
  • Make sure that your wireless speakers are joined to the wireless sender/receiver. If the power indicators light solid, the wireless speakers and wireless sender/receiver are joined. If the power indicators blink slowly, the wireless speakers and wireless sender/receiver are not joined. See Question 13 for more information.
  • Turn off the wireless sender/receiver and computer, then turn them back on.
Rocketfish Support

Question 24: How big are the wireless speakers?

• Each speaker is 4.2 × 8.0 × 5.6 inches (10.6 × 20.4 × 14.3 cm) and weighs 3.2 lbs. (1.45 kg).
Rocketfish Support

Question 25: Why are the speakers called “wireless” if I have to connect wires?

• The Rocketfish Wireless Bookshelf Speakers are wireless because the speakers are not directly connected to an audio device with a cord. A wireless sender/receiver must be connected to your audio device to send the audio to the speakers. The wireless speakers and wireless sender/receiver also must be connected to a power outlet to operate.
Rocketfish Support

Question 26: Where can I get more information about my speakers?

Rocketfish Support

Question 27: Where can I find more information about my warranty?