Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit (RF-WHTIB, RF-WHTIB-A) FAQ (13-0072)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: Where should I place the wireless sender and wireless receiver?

Question 2: How do I connect the wireless sender to my home theater receiver and a power outlet?

Question 3: How do I connect the wireless receiver to my rear speakers?

Question 4: How do I connect the wireless receiver to a power outlet?

Question 5: What do the LED indicator lights mean?

Question 6: How do I pair the wireless sender and wireless receiver?

Question 7: What should I do if my wireless sender and wireless receiver won’t pair manually?

Question 8: Why are the LED indicator lights on the wireless sender and wireless receiver flashing?

Question 9: How do I mount the wireless receiver on a wall?

Power

Question 10: What should I do if my wireless sender and wireless receiver are not getting power?

Question 11: Question 9: Why does my system keep turning itself off?

Audio

Question 12: What should I do if my wireless rear speakers are not playing sound?

Question 13: What should I do if the sound from the rear speakers is not loud enough?

Question 14: What should I do if the sound from the rear speakers is uneven or delayed?

Question 15: How do I stop the buzzing or popping coming from the rear speakers?

Question 16: How do I adjust the volume balance?

General

Question 17: What types of speakers are compatible with the Wireless Rear Speaker kit?

Question 18: Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Wireless Rear Speaker Kit?

Question 19: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: Where should I place the wireless sender and wireless receiver?

[ Edited ]
  • The wireless sender should be connected to your home theater receiver (see Question 2).
  • The wireless receiver should be connected to your left and right rear speakers (see Question 3).
  • Place the wireless receiver horizontally on a level surface, vertically in the provided holder, or mounted on a wall (see Question 9 for wall mount instructions).
  • Make sure there are no obstructions in front of the wireless sender and wireless receiver.
  • The wireless sender and wireless receiver should be separated by at least 12 inches and be within 100 feet of each other.

Speaker layout.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I connect the wireless sender to my home theater receiver and a power outlet?

[ Edited ]

The wireless sender and wireless receiver should be separated by at least 12 inches and within 100 feet of each other. Make sure the exposed tips of each cord do not touch each other and that they are fully inserted into the terminals.

To connect the wireless sender to your home theater receiver:

1. Using the 2-foot speaker cords (provided), connect the right rear speaker terminals of your home theater receiver to the right speaker terminals of the wireless sender by connecting the red wire to the red (+) terminals, and the black wire to the black (-) terminals.
  2. Repeat to connect the left rear speaker to the home theater receiver.

Connecting-the-sender-A.jpg 

To connect the wireless sender to a power outlet:

• Plug the power cord into the DC IN jack of the wireless sender, then plug it into a power outlet or the switched AC outlet on the back of your home theater receiver.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I connect the wireless receiver to my rear speakers?

[ Edited ]

If your speakers have terminals:

1. Using the cords that came with your speakers, connect the right speaker to the right speaker terminals of the wireless receiver, then connect the left speaker to the left speaker terminals of the wireless receiver.
    Note: If you have proprietary connectors, you may need to strip the end of the wires to connect to the wireless receiver. However, check with the speaker manufacturer before doing this, as it may void the warranty.
    Connecting the receiver A.jpg

OR

If your speakers have captive wires:

1. Connect the positive (+) wire from the right speaker to the red (+) terminal for the right speaker on the wireless receiver.
  2. Connect the negative (-) wire from the right speaker to the black (-) terminal from the right speaker on the wireless receiver.
  3. Repeat steps 1-2 to connect the left speaker to the wireless receiver.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: How do I connect my wireless receiver to a power outlet?

The RF-WHTIB and RF-WHTIB-A wireless receivers have different power connections.

If you have the RF-WHTIB model:

1. Slide the cover off the cable storage compartment on the bottom of the wireless receiver to open, then unwrap the cable and extend it to the desired length.
  2. Guide the cord through the power cord hole, then close the cover. Make sure that the extended cable is not pinched.
  3. Plug the power cord into a power outlet. 
    Connecting the receiver to an AC power outlet.jpg

If you have the RF-WHTIB-A model:

• Plug the power cord into the 100V-240V~50/60Hz jack of the wireless receiver, then plug the other end into a power outlet.
    Connecting wireless receiver to power.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What do the LED indicator lights mean?

[ Edited ]
  • If the LED indicators are off:
    • Make sure the wireless sender and wireless receiver are connected to a power outlet.
    • Make sure that the AC power outlet has power.
    • Make sure that all cords are connected correctly and are secure.
  • The LED indicator lights on the wireless sender and wireless receiver blink when the units are turned on. This indicates the wireless sender and wireless receiver are plugged in and are in standby mode. If the indicators continue to blink after thirty seconds, the wireless sender and wireless receiver are unable to pair (see Question 6).
  • If the LED indicator lights are solid blue, the wireless sender and wireless receiver are turned on and connected.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I pair the wireless sender and wireless receiver?

[ Edited ]

The wireless sender and wireless receiver are pre-paired at the factory. When the wireless sender and wireless receiver are connected, the front LEDs will be solid blue. For more information on the LED indicators see Question 5.

If the wireless sender and wireless receiver do not connect automatically, you may need to pair the devices manually.

To pair the wireless sender and wireless receiver manually:

1. Press and hold CONNECT on either the wireless sender or wireless receiver for two seconds. The LED indicator will blink at a faster rate and the unit will be in “connection mode” for about 30 seconds.
  2. During this period, press and hold CONNECT on the other unit for two seconds so it will also enter “connection mode.” The LED indicator will blink at a faster rate.
  3. Wait for the LED indicators to stop blinking. A link is established between the wireless sender and wireless receiver and they will reconnect automatically if turned off and on.
    Note: Try pressing CONNECT on both units again if the LED indicators keep blinking after 30 seconds. See Question 7 for more information about manual paring.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: What should I do if my wireless sender and wireless receiver won’t pair manually?

• Make sure that the cable connections are correct and secure. The LED indicator lights should be solid blue.
  • Make sure that the wireless sender and wireless receiver are both connected to a working AC power outlet.
  • Try pressing CONNECT on both units again if the LED indicators keep blinking after 30 seconds.
  • Shorten the distance between the wireless sender and wireless receiver. The maximum distance is 100 feet; however, this may be reduced as the wireless signal passes through walls or other obstructions. The wireless sender and wireless receiver must be at least 12 inches apart.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: Why are the LED indicator lights on the wireless sender and wireless receiver flashing?

[ Edited ]
  • The LED indicator lights on the wireless sender and wireless receiver blink when the units are turned on. This indicates the wireless sender and wireless receiver are plugged in and are in standby mode.
  • If the indicators continue to blink after thirty seconds, the wireless sender and wireless receiver are unable to connect (see Question 6).
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: How do I mount the wireless receiver on a wall?

[ Edited ]
  • If you have the RF-WHTIB model, you can only mount your wireless receiver.
  • If you have the RF-WHTIB-A model, you can mount both your wireless sender and wireless receiver.

If you have the RF-WHTIB model:

1. Screw two 3 × 15 mm self-tapping screws (not included) 2-3/8 inches (6 cm) apart.
  2. Align the hanging holes on the bottom of the wireless receiver with the screws and hang so that the power button is facing the ground.
    Caution: To reduce the risk of overheating, make sure that cool air can travel through the ventilation slots in the back and bottom of the wireless receiver. 

If you have the RF-WHTIB-A model:

1. Screw two 3 × 15 mm self-tapping screws (not included) 2-5/8 inches (6.7 cm) apart.
  2. Align the hanging holes on the bottom of the wireless sender or wireless receiver with the screws and hang so that the power button is facing up.
    Caution: To reduce the risk of overheating, make sure that cool air can travel through the ventilation slots in the back and bottom of the wireless receiver.