Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Universal Wireless Subwoofer Kit (RF-WSW312) FAQ, 12-1008

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1:  Where should I place the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver?

Question 2:  How do I connect the cables?

Question 3:  What do the LED indicator lights mean?

Question 4:  How do I pair the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver?

Question 5:  What should I do if my Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver won’t pair manually?

Question 6:  Why are the LED indicator lights on the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver flashing?

Power

Question 7:  What should I do if my Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are not getting power?

Question 8:  Why do the Wireless Sender and Wireless receiver keep turning off?

Audio

Question 9:  What should I do if my subwoofer is not playing sound?

Question 10:  What should I do if the sound from the subwoofer is not loud enough or uneven?.

Question 11:  How do I stop the audio dropouts or interference coming from the subwoofer?

General

Question 12:  Where can I get more information about the Rocketfish Wireless Subwoofer Kit?

Question 13:  Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: Where should I place the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver?

• The Wireless Sender should be connected to your home theater receiver.
  • The Wireless Receiver should be connected to your subwoofer.
  • The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver should be separated by at least 12 inches and be within 45 feet of each other.
    Note: The maximum distance may be reduced as the wireless signal passes through walls or other obstructions. For the best results, do not place the wireless sender and wireless receiver behind items such as your amplifier.
12-1008_placement.jpg
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I connect the cables?

1.  The Wireless Sender should be connected to your home theater receiver.

Option A

See if your home theater receiver has a subwoofer output jack. If it does, connect the provided RCA cable to the subwoofer Out jack on the back of the home theater receiver, then connect it to the Wireless Sender’s purple SUB IN jack.

Connect_sender_to_audio_source_SUB.jpg

OR

Option B

Connect an RCA stereo audio cable (not included) to the white (L) and red (R) stereo output jacks of your home theater receiver, then connect it to the Wireless Sender’s white (L) and red (R) Line In RCA jacks. Make sure the white and red cable connectors match the colors on the jacks.

Connect_sender_to_audio_source_LR.jpg

2.  Plug the AC power adapter into the DC IN jack of the Wireless Sender, then plug it into a power outlet.
3.  The Wireless Receiver should be connected to your subwoofer. Connect the Subwoofer RCA cable (provided) to the Wireless 4.  Receiver’s SUB OUT jack and to the subwoofer’s input jack.

Connect receiver to subwoofer speakers.jpg

5.  Plug the AC power adapter into the DC IN jack of the Wireless Receiver, then plug it into a power outlet.
6.  Make sure that the cable connections are correct and secure.
7.  Make sure that the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are separated by at least 12 inches and are within 45 feet of each other.

Rocketfish Support

Question 3: What do the LED indicator lights mean?

[ Edited ]
  • If the LED indicator lights are solid blue, the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are paired.
  • If the LED indicators are off:
      • Make sure the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are connected to a power outlet.
      • Make sure that the power outlet has power.
  • If the LED indicators are flashing on one or both units:
    • Make sure the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are separated by at least 12 inches and are within 45 feet of each other.
    • Your Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver may need to be paired manually (see Question 4).
  • If the LED indictors are red, the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are in standby mode.

Rocketfish Support

Question 4: How do I pair the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver?

[ Edited ]

The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are pre-paired at the factory. When connected to power, the front LEDs light solid blue when the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are paired. (For more information on the LED indicators see Question 3.) If the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver do not connect automatically you may need to pair the devices manually.

To pair the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver manually:

1. Hold CONNECT button on either the Wireless Sender or Wireless Receiver for two seconds.  The LED indicator will blink at a faster rate and the unit will be in “connection mode” for about 30 seconds.
  2. During this period, press the CONNECT button on the other unit for two seconds so it will also enter “connection mode.” The LED indicator will blink at a faster rate.
  3. Wait for the LED indicators to stop blinking. A link is established between the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver and they will reconnect automatically every time they are turned off and on.
    Tip: If the devices are not pairing manually, try placing the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver closer together and in a line of sight with each other. You can move them to another location after they have been paired. Make sure the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are separated by at least 12 inches and are within 45 feet of each other.

Notes:

• The system will go into standby mode if no audio input signal is detected for more than five minutes. The LED indicators on the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver turn from blue to red.
  • On the Wireless Receiver, the subwoofer input signal is always used when available. When the subwoofer input signal is unavailable for 15 seconds, and stereo input is available, the stereo input will be used.

Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What should I do if my Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver won’t pair manually?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are both connected to a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that the cable connections are correct and secure (see Question 2). LED indicator lights should be solid blue.
  • Shorten the distance between the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver. The maximum distance is 45 feet. However, this may be reduced as the wireless signal passes through walls or other obstructions. The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver must be at least 12 inches apart.
  • The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver go into standby mode if no audio input signal is detected for more than five minutes and the LED indicators turn from blue to red. Make sure that there is an audio signal from your home theater receiver to your subwoofer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: Why are the LED indicator lights on the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver flashing?

[ Edited ]
  • Your Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver need to be paired (see Question 3).
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: What should I do if my Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are not getting power?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are both connected to a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that the power cable connections are correct and secure (see see Question 2). LED indicator lights should be solid blue.
  • The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver go into standby mode if no audio input signal is detected for more than five minutes and the LED indicators turn from blue to red. Make sure that there is an audio signal from your home theater receiver to your subwoofer.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: Why do the Wireless Sender and Wireless receiver keep turning off?

• The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver will go into standby mode if no audio input signal is detected for more than five minutes. The LED indicators on the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are red when in standby mode. When audio input is detected, the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver will turn on.
  • If you connected your AC power adaptor to the SWITCHED AC outlet of your home theater receiver, each time you turn your home teacher receiver on or off, the Wireless Sender is also turned on or off.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: What should I do if my subwoofer is not playing sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the cable connections are correct and secure (see Question 2).
  • Make sure that your subwoofer is connected to a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver are turned on.
  • Make sure that the home theater receiver is turned on.
  • Make sure that the correct input is selected.
  • Turn up the volume on the TV/speakers.
  • Turn up the volume on your home theater receiver. If this makes the subwoofer too loud, turn down the volume on your subwoofer.
  • Shorten the distance between the Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver. The maximum distance is 45 feet. However, this may be reduced as the wireless signal passes through walls or other obstructions. The Wireless Sender and Wireless Receiver must be at least 12 inches apart.