4 port HDMI splitter

[ Edited ]
I just recently purchased the 4 porter splitter. I have my dvr receiver and DVD player hooked to it, then they are hooked to a samsung soundbar. The tv is also hooked into the soundbar. In order to get the tv to receive signal from the receiver, I have to cycle through all hdmi ports back to hdmi1 every time I turn them off and back on. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: 4 port HDMI splitter

Hello jbax, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Just to be clear, did you mean the RF-G1182 (2-way HDMI splitter), or the RF-G1185 (4 port HDMI Selector)? If you could please reply with your Rocketfish model number, we would be happy to further assist. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

RF-G1185 the 4 port
Regular Contributor

Hello again jbax, 

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I'll have our Product Support Team research this for you, and reply back soon with updates. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support
Regular Contributor

Hello jbax,

I would guess that the issue is with the HDCP handshake between all the devices.  HDMI has the built-in copy protection HDCP that can cause these sorts of issues when daisy chaining devices together.

The first step for troubleshooting will be to power cycle all the devices.  Leave the TV, soundbar, Splitter, DVR, and DVD all unplugged from power for a full 30 seconds.  Plug the power cables in starting with the DVD and DVD, then the splitter, then sound bar, and finally the TV.  Turn them all back on in that same order if the device didn't turn itself back on.

If you are still experiencing the same issue I would suggest removing a level or two of complexly out of your setup.  If possible I would recommend removing the splitter entirely and hooking the DVR and DVD directly to the TV with HDMI.  If the TV only has one HDMI input then connect them directly to the TV using the splitter.  I only recommend using a splitter when they are absolutely necessary.

With either situation you want to connect the soundbar with an audio output from the TV.  A digital optical(TOSLINK) cable would be the best connection option if the TV and soundbar supported that, but digital coax or analog RCA/3.5mm audio outputs will work as well.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

I bought a 4-way splitter earlier this summer. It worked for about three weeks and stopped completely.  No power when I plug it in.