Re: Popping sounds coming from my RF-WHTIB

I have recently purchased a new Wireless Speaker RF-WHTIB unit and have the exact same problem listed in previous threads.  I have a brand new theatre system from Yamaha less than a week old when I introduced it to the rocketfish device.  From the first day I had it I had the popping noise.  I also did the exchange with bestbuy, bought the noise canceling surge protector from Monster.

I have extensive experience with wireless transmission devices, and the only thing that I have ever experienced similar to this is when the receiver is not receiving enough power to rebroadcast the original signal.

The rocketfish device claims to be able to go to 100 Ft, I'm only at 10% by having it 10 Ft.  Through numerous other posts and reviews there appears to be a major production or design fault at the factory level.   Perhaps not using the ideal conditions such as  your lab would yield different results, also trying a unit that is guaranteed to have no failures may also prove different results.  I would suggest going to bestbuy and trying one off the shelf and see if your results vary rocketfish.

Visitor

Yeah I was never able to stop the popping sound. Its very annoying, but I have no other choices.

I even bought the Amphony 5.8 GHz Wireless Speaker Kit Model 1600 for $199 and it was worse! 
I was unable to turn the volume up to max or anywhere over 70% without hearing a loud Humming sound.  This kit also had a random popping sound, but much more frequent than the rocketfish. 

With the Amphony kit it also stated 150Watts per channel, but I highly dought that.  The units where feather light, and just felt cheap.  I also Had to call my Credit card company to dispute the claim, because there is no way to return them, nobody answered their emails.   After my CC refunded my money then Amphony emailed me with a return address! 

Back to the main post here though.   I have tried Everything so far with no luck.  The popping sound is maybe once an hour.  whatever.  Hopefully after I sell my house in the near future, ill hard wire the rears in.

Was your problem  ever solved?  Im having tge same problemm and the Best Buy technician cant solve it, despite extremely methodical troubleshooting and testing.