RF-G1185 4-Port Selector Issues

Hi everyone,

First my setup:

GF-G1185 with the output connected to a Samsung 75" 1080p LED television (UN75J6300) via an HDMI cable

Inputs (all connect with HDMI):

Port 1 - Time Warner Cable Box (works fine)

Port 2 - Sony Blu-ray DVD player (works fine)

Port 3 - Laptop with windows 10 - here is where I am having issues.

When the laptop is connected directly to the television through the HDMI cable, the laptop "sees" the television as a second monitor and works fine

As soon as I add the RF-G1185 into the scenario, the laptop will not detect the Samsung television as a second monitor with Port 3 selected.  Funny thing is, as soon as I select any other port (port 1 with the TWC box or Port t with the DVD player), the laptop recognizes and adds the Samsung television as a second display.  As soon as I select Port 3, the port connected to the laptop through HDMI, the Samsung display goes away and the only monitor I am left with is the laptop display.  If I switch back to Port 1 or 2, second display comes back and is able to be edited.  I am pulling my hair our!!!  What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Rocketfish Support

Re: RF-G1185 4-Port Selector Issues

Hello pdobrien3,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

First off, that is a very strange issue. Have you tried connecting the laptop to a different port on the RF switch? Try connecting the laptop to the switch with the other devices disconnected. 

Do you know when and where the switch was purchased? Do you still have the receipt? 

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Thank you for your response. I got it worked out. It was an issue with the laptop drivers.
Rocketfish Support

Hello pdobrien3,

Thank you for responding!

Excellent! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support