RF-WHP212-A Wont pair? Here is how i fixed mine.

RF-WHP212-A Wont pair? Here is how i fixed mine.

I'v had a set of these for a few years originally gave to me brand new. Recenlty went to put them to use and couldn't get them to pair. Tried everything I could find on boards until just today i decided to give it one more try and came across a thread here where a RF rep explains how to reset it. I took his advice and tried a few variants of it.

Thread - http://community.rocketfishproducts.com/t5/Home-Theater/RF-WHP212-A-headphones-will-not-pair-any-mor...

"
Hello Cornholio,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

It sounds like the base is seeing the headset, which would be why the base light goes solid. The headset unfortunately does not seem to see the base though, which is problematic. We can try a soft reset, and then try pairing them again.

You'll want to remove the batteries from the headset, and while they are out hold down the power button on the headset for aprox 30 seconds. Then replace the batteries and go through the pairing process and see if you get a better response.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

"

All of this may sound a little screwy but its the process i took that worked. So it's hard to say which all can be omitted or not. 

Here is what i did -/

First what I did was remove the batteries and try the suggested reset method holding the power button down 30 secs then replacing batteries and repairing... that didn't work so next I left the batteries in and power on then held +/- at the same time and heard the constant beeps and noticed it shows the pairing button solid then flashing... well that paired when I turned base on/off as base went from flashing to solid. Still no audio. Then I did the reset method again but left the batteries in and on around the 3rd beep I turned base off and on and both base unit and headphones stayed solid.

1. (I Don't think this helped me but give it a try first) Soft Reset and Repairing - "You'll want to remove the batteries from the headset, and while they are out hold down the power button on the headset for aprox 30 seconds. Then replace the batteries and go through the pairing process and see if you get a better response."

2. Leave the batteries in and power on then hold + and - at the same time and listen for the constant beeps. You'll notice it shows the pairing button solid then flashing.

3. While holding down + and - turn off the base unit then back on and see if it pairs. You may or may not see it pair yet. If you do and hear audio then you're set. No need to continue.

4.  Attempt the reset method again but leave the batteries in and on around the 3rd beep turn base unit off and on and both base unit and headphones should stay solid. Listen to the headphones and you'll hear audio! 

Not a bad set of cheap headphones good distance and clarity is semi decent. Noticed they can be obtained for as low as $15-$20 on ebay.

Hope this helps someone who gets stuck like I was.