Visitor

RF-WHP212-A headphones will not pair any more

I have a pair of these headphones that worked fine for one year.  Now, however, they suddenly will no longer pair up.  What happens is when turned on, the blue light on the base comes on, flashes for about 3 seconds and then goes solid blue.  The blue light on the headphones, however, continues to slow blink blue forever.  It doesn't matter whether the audio cables are connected to a device or not.  I've also tried with the headphones off and the base behaves exactly the same.

What does it mean when the light on the base goes from flashing blue to solid blue?  I thought that was only supposed to happen when the two were correcly paired and ready to use.  I'm also interested to know how long the light on the base is supposed to flash if no connection is established.

Rocketfish Support

Re: RF-WHP212-A headphones will not pair any more

Hello Cornholio,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

It sounds like the base is seeing the headset, which would be why the base light goes solid. The headset unfortunately does not seem to see the base though, which is problematic. We can try a soft reset, and then try pairing them again.

You'll want to remove the batteries from the headset, and while they are out hold down the power button on the headset for aprox 30 seconds. Then replace the batteries and go through the pairing process and see if you get a better response.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

"It sounds like the base is seeing the headset, which would be why the base light goes solid."

Even though I am 100% positive this is not the case (I think you missed the part of my message where I said "I've also tried with the headphones off and the base behaves exactly the same"), I still tried your suggested remedy.   No change.

Rocketfish Support

Hello Cornholio,

Thank you for responding!

I had missed that, so thank you for clarifying. If the base is going solid, even when the headset is off, that does imply there is a fault in the communication. If it is still within the year manufacturer warranty, taking to the store is the Fullfilment option. Do you still have a copy of the receipt?

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

The product is just over one year old, so just outside the standard warranty period.  Hopefully some option is available beyond just throwing them in the trash...

I'm having same issue sort of. My base blinks so does headset then headset and base turn solid for 2 sec then base starts blinking again. No sound.. Help

I have the exact same issue. Isn't there something that can be done about this? 

Berniesbay