Visitor
Lettie-Pie

Trying to connect HDMI cable from HTC EVO phone to television

I am trying to connect an HDMI cable from my HTC EVO phone to my television. I connected the cable and was able to view videos from my phone on the television, but my main goal is to be able to view the Internet by using my television as a monitor. Am I in going in the right direction by using this HDMI cable? Or, should I be using something else?

Rocketfish Support
Justin-RF

Re: Trying to connect HDMI cable from HTC EVO phone to television

Hi Lettie-Pie,

Welcome to the Community@Rocketfish™!

I appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your inquiry. I'm currently researching this and will reply soon with answers. Keep checking back!

Regards,

Justin

Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor
Lettie-Pie

Thank you for getting back to me! I will wait for your respons.

Thanks again,

Lettie-Pie

Rocketfish Support
Justin-RF

Hello again Lettie-Pie,

I appreciate your patience as I researched this for you.  I wanted to follow up and after looking more into this, I was informed that regrettably there is no way to view the internet from your cell phone, on your TV monitor, through use of an HDMI connection.

Regards,

Justin

Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor
Lettie-Pie

Hello Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to research my inquiry. If possible, can you tell me how I would be able to view the Internet on my tv from my HTC EVO phone, or even my Xbox Kinect? I just recently purchased the new Xbox Kinect with a membership to Xbox Live and I'm not sure if I will just be able to view/access the internet via my Xbox or if I need to use something else to get me online.

Rocketfish Support
Justin-RF

Hello Lettie-Pie,

As far as I'm aware, there's no way you can use your HTC Evo phone with your TV monitor to access the internet.  I would recommend either consulting your Xbox's user manual or contact Microsoft directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (800-469-9269) or visiting http://www.xbox.com/  for additional assistance. 

Regards,

Justin

Rocketfish™ Support

Rocketfish Staff
Jeff-RF

Hi Lettie-Pie,

I have just talked to one of our engineers and there is no way that you can use your cell phone to browse the internet on your TV via an HDMI cable and you will not be able to do that with your xbox either. Your cell phone internet browser is just not configured to communicate the data in a way to be compatible on your TV.

Regards,

Jeff

Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor
Lettie-Pie

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for responding to my question regarding the HDMI cable! I am fairly knew to the whole computer world and am not sure what to connects to what that will get me the end results that I am looking for. Since I am not able to connect anything to my HTC EVO phone, I do have another question that I'd like to ask, if you don't mind answering it.

Since I do have the new Xbox 360 Kinect that comes with wireless internet connections, will I be able to get online and view webpages on my tv using the Kinect box? The Kinect comes with a membership to Xbox Live and I'm not sure if I will be able to view the Xbox Live pages only or also be able to view and access other webpages also?

Thanks Again,

Lettie-Pie 

Visitor
Lettie-Pie

Hi Justin!

Thank you so much for all of the work that you did researching my inquiry. You have been most helpful. Now I am completely sure that it is not possibe to use the EVO phone for those types of connections. I am now going to contact Xbox and Microsoft and see if they can help me answer this question.

Thanks Again,

Lettie-Pie

Rocketfish Support
Justin-RF

Hello again Lettie-Pie,

You're welcome!  :smileyhappy:  It was my pleasure assisting you!

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support