Rocketfish Support

Miracast Video Receiver (RF-WFD301) FAQ (12-1248)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: Will this video receiver work with my TV or mobile device?

Question 2: What should I do if the video receiver is too wide to fit into the HDMI port on my TV?

Question 3: How do I power my video receiver if my TV does not have a USB port?

Question 4: What should I do if the video receiver doesn’t start when I turn on my TV?

Question 5: What should I do if my Miracast device will not connect to the video receiver?

Question 6: What should I do if the picture or sound is poor quality?

Question 7: What should I do if there is no video or sound?

Question 8: Do I need a network key or password to connect to the video receiver?

Usage

Question 9: What should I do if I cannot find Miracast on my smartphone or tablet?

Question 10: What should I do if my TV remote control does not work with the video receiver?

Question 11: Does my TV have to have CEC to use the video receiver?

Question 12: How do I change the video receiver settings?

Question 13: Will the video receiver remember my settings changes after I turn it off?

Question 14: How do I change the default settings if my TV does not have CEC?

Question 15: How do I change the frequency band of the video receiver?

Question 16: Is my video receiver compatible with the latest firmware update?

Question 17: How do I update the firmware on my video receiver?

Question 18: What should I do if I downloaded the firmware update to an incompatible video receiver?

General

Question 19: What is Miracast?

Question 20: What devices work with Miracast?

Question 21: What is CEC?

Question 22: Where can I get more information about the Miracast Video Receiver?

Question 23: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: Will this video receiver work with my TV or mobile device?

[ Edited ]

To use this video receiver, you need:

• A Miracast-enabled mobile device
    Note: For a list of certified Miracast devices, visit the Wi-Fi Alliance website at
    http://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-certified-miracast%E2%84%A2
  • Android™ Jellybean 4.2.1 or newer
  • A digital TV with an HDMI jack and a USB port
    Note: If your TV does not have a USB port, you can use a micro USB wall charger (not included) or USB wall outlet power adapter (not included).
  • (Optional) A CEC-enabled TV if you want to change the video receiver’s default settings. For more information, see Question 11.
Rocketfish Support

Question 2: What should I do if the video receiver is too wide to fit into the HDMI port on my TV?

• If the video receiver is too large to fit into your TV’s HDMI port because of surrounding cables, use the included 6” HDMI adapter for a better fit. Connect one end of the adapter to the video receiver, then connect the other end into an HDMI port on the back of your TV.
Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I power my video receiver if my TV does not have a USB port?

• If your TV does not have a USB port, use a micro USB wall charger (not included) or USB wall outlet power adapter (not included) to connect the video receiver to power.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: What should I do if the video receiver doesn’t start when I turn on my TV?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with the video receiver. See Question 1 for compatibility information.
  • Make sure that the video receiver is securely connected to an HDMI port. If the video receiver is too large to fit, see Question 2
  • Make sure that your video receiver is connected to power.
  • The video receiver may take up to 30 seconds to display the splash screen. Make sure that you give the video receiver adequate time to start.
  • Make sure that you have selected the correct HDMI input (source) on your TV.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: What should I do if my Miracast device will not connect to the video receiver?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with the video receiver. See Question 1 or compatibility information.
  • Make sure that the video receiver is securely connected to an HDMI port. If the video receiver is too large to fit, see Question 2
  • Make sure that your Miracast device’s Wi-Fi is turned ON.
  • Press the WPS button on the side of the video receiver. The blue LED starts to flash and the video receiver tries to connect with your Miracast device.
  • Move your Miracast device closer to the video receiver.
  • You may need to change the video receiver’s settings. See Question 12 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 6: What should I do if the picture or sound is poor quality?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the video receiver is connected securely to the HDMI port and USB port or wall outlet.
  • Make sure that your Miracast device is fully charged.
  • If you are using a microwave in the immediate area, turn it off.
  • Disconnect your Miracast device from the video receiver, then reconnect it.
  • Your Wi-Fi signal may be interfering with the video receiver’s wireless signal. Change the frequency band of your Wi-Fi connection from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz or from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz. See Question 15 for more information.
  • Some devices do not work correctly with HDCP (such as the Nexus 4 or LG Optimus). Turn off HDCP in your video receiver’s settings. See Question 12 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 7: What should I do if there is no video or sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with the video receiver. See Question 1 for compatibility information.
  • Make sure that the video receiver is receiving power.
  • Make sure that the video receiver and Miracast device are turned on.
  • Make sure that you have selected the correct HDMI input on your TV.
  • Make sure that the video receiver and Miracast device have a wireless connection.
  • Some devices do not work correctly with HDCP (such as the Nexus 4 or LG Optimus). Turn off HDCP in your video receiver’s settings. See Question 12 for more information.
  • Your video receiver may need a firmware update. See Question 16 for more information.
Rocketfish Support

Question 8: Do I need a network key or password to connect to the video receiver?

• No. You do not need a network key or password to connect your Miracast device to your TV.
Rocketfish Support

Question 9: What should I do if I cannot find Miracast on my smartphone or tablet?

[ Edited ]
  • Some brands may call Miracast by a different name. See the documentation that came with your mobile device for instructions on using its wireless display feature.