Rocketfish Support

Rocketfish Wireless Stereo Headset (RF-MAB2) FAQ

[ Edited ]

Setup Questions

Question 1: How do I turn on my wireless headset?

Question 2: How do I turn off my wireless headset?

Question 3: How do I pair my headset to my phone?

Question 4: How do I pair my headset to my MP3 player?

Question 5: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows XP?

Question 6: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows Vista?

Question 7: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows 7?

Question 8: How do I pair my headset to my Mac computer?

Question 9: How do I pair more than one device to my headset?

Power Questions

Question 10: How long does it take to charge the headset?

Question 11: How do I charge my Wireless Stereo Headset using my computer?

Question 12: How do I charge my Wireless Stereo Headset using the AC wall adapter?

Question 13: My battery will not stay charged.

Question 14: My headset is not working (will not turn on using the talk button, no indicator lights)...

Question 15: I do not get as much talk time as I used to.

Question 16: My AC wall adapter or USB charging cable was damaged. Can I get a new one?

Question 17: How do I replace the batteries in the headphones?

Question 18: Can I use a different AC adapter or USB cable than the ones supplied?

Audio Questions

Question 19: I have no sound coming from my headset.

Question 20: My audio has static noise or breaks up.

Question 21: My wireless headset will not control the volume. I can’t turn the volume up or down.

Question 22: The sound/audio is really quiet coming out of my wireless headset.

Question 23: There is a long, low tone that repeats every 30 seconds.

Question 24: Sound still comes from my computer when headset is connected/Set as playback default.

General Questions

Question 25: The buttons on my headset are not controlling my device.

Question 26: The microphone on my headset is not working.

Question 27: What Bluetooth profiles are supported by this headset?

Question 28: Where can I get drivers for this headset?

Question 29: My headset did not come with a manual.

Question 30: Can I get more information about the Wireless Headset?

Question 31: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Rocketfish Support

Question 1: How do I turn on my wireless headset?

[ Edited ]

Press and hold the Talk button for about three seconds. The LED blinks blue.

Note: If you press and hold the Talk button for six seconds, your headset goes into pairing mode. The LED blinks blue and red rapidly.

Rocketfish Support

Question 2: How do I turn off my wireless headset?

Press and hold the Talk button for about three seconds. The LED lights red, dims, then shuts off.

Rocketfish Support

Question 3: How do I pair my headset to my phone?

Note: Check the manual that came with your phone or contact the phone manufacturer to determine if it is compatible with the headset.

1. Put your phone in pairing mode. Refer to your phone’s documentation or contact the phone manufacturer for more information on pairing your phone and a Bluetooth device.
  2. With your headset turned off, press and hold the Talk button for six seconds. The LED blinks blue and red rapidly.
  3. When your headset is in pairing mode, select RF-MAB2 from the list of discovered devices on the phone.
  4. On the phone, enter the password 0000 (four zeros) to pair your headset.
Rocketfish Support

Question 4: How do I pair my headset to my MP3 player?

Note: Check the manual that came with your MP3 player or contact the MP3 player manufacturer to determine if it is compatible with the headset.

1. Put your  MP3 player in pairing mode. Refer to your player’s documentation or contact the MP3 player manufacturer for more information on pairing your player and a Bluetooth device.
    2. With your headset turned off, press and hold the talk button for six seconds. The LED blinks blue and red rapidly.
    3. When your headset is in pairing mode, select RF-MAB2 from the list of discovered devices on the MP3 player.
    4. On the MP3 player, enter the password 0000 (four zeros) to pair your headset.
Rocketfish Support

Question 5: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows XP?

[ Edited ]

Note: Before you pair the headset with your computer, make sure your computer is equipped with a Bluetooth radio. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact the computer manufacturer for more information. If you do not have a Bluetooth radio, install a Bluetooth USB Adapter (dongle).

1. Enable Bluetooth on your computer. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact your computer manufacturer for more information.
    2. Double-click the Bluetooth icon in the systems tray, near the clock. My Bluetooth Places opens.
    3. Click Add a New Bluetooth Device. The Add Bluetooth Device Wizard opens.
    4. Click Next.
    5. With your headset turned off, press and hold the talk button for six seconds. The LED blinks blue and red rapidly.
    6. Double-click the RF-MAB2 icon on the computer or highlight it and click Next.
    7. If you are unable to locate the RF-MAB2 icon click the Search Again button.
    8. Enter 0000 (four zeros) into the Bluetooth security code field, then click Next.
    9. Select one of the Bluetooth hands-free types, shown on the Add a Bluetooth Device Wizard screen, and click Next.
    10. Select the services to use with your Bluetooth headset and click Finish.
    11. To connect the device, double-click the MAB2 Hands-Free Unit icon or the RF-MAB2 Stereo Audio icon.

Note: To use the headset it must be selected as the playback default on your computer. For steps on setting the headset as the playback default (see Question 24) and the recording default (see Question 26).

Rocketfish Support

Question 6: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows Vista?

[ Edited ]

Note: Before you pair the headset with your computer, make sure your computer is equipped with a Bluetooth radio. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact the computer manufacturer for more information. If you do not have a Bluetooth radio, install a Bluetooth USB Adapter (dongle).

1. Enable Bluetooth on your computer. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact your computer manufacturer for more information.
    2. Double-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.
    3. Click Add Wireless Device.
    4. With your headset turned off, press and hold the talk button for six seconds. The LEDs blink blue and red rapidly.
    5. Double-click the RF-MAB2 icon on the computer or highlight it and click Next.
    6. Click Closed once the headset has been paired.

Note: The headset should be automatically selected as the playback default. For steps on setting the headset as the playback default (see Question 24) and the recording default (see Question 26).

Rocketfish Support

Question 7: How do I pair my headset to my computer running Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

1. Enable Bluetooth on your computer. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact your computer manufacturer for more information.
    2. Double-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.
    3. Click Add a device.
    4. With your headset turned off, press and hold the talk button for six seconds. The blue and red LEDs flash rapidly.
    5. Double-click the RF-MAB2 icon on the computer or highlight it and click Next.
    6. Click Closed after the headset has been paired.

Note: The headset should be automatically selected as the playback default. For steps on setting the headset as the playback default (see Question 24) and the recording default (see Question 26).

Rocketfish Support

Question 8: How do I pair my headset to my Mac computer?

[ Edited ]

1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your computer. Refer to your computer’s documentation or contact your computer manufacturer for more information.
    2. Click the Bluetooth status menu.
    3. Click Set up Bluetooth Device… the Bluetooth Setup Assistant opens.
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Select Headset as the device type, then click Continue.
    6. With your headset turned off, press and hold the talk button for six seconds. The LED blinks blue and red rapidly.
    7. Select RF-MAB2, then click Continue.
    8. The computer gathers information. Click Continue.
    9. Enter 0000 (four zeros) into the Passkey field, then click Continue.
    10. Click Quit when finished.

Rocketfish Support

Question 9: How do I pair more than one device to my headset?

[ Edited ]

Note: The headset can connect to only one similar device at a time. For example, you can use your headset to listen to music on an MP3 player and still receive phone calls from your phone, but you cannot listen to music on more than one MP3 player at the same time or receive phone calls from multiple phones at the same time.