Rocketfish Support

Question 20: My audio has static noise or breaks up.

[ Edited ]
  • The unobstructed operating range of the headset is 33 feet (10 meters). If the headset is greater than this, your audio may have static noise or break up.
    • Shorten the distance between your headset and the audio source.
    • Obstacles such as walls can diminish the operating distance.
  • It is possible other devices like cordless phones, microwaves, wireless routers, etc. may be causing interference. Try turning one device off at a time to determine which device is causing interference.
    • If your cordless phone or wireless router is causing interference, try changing the channel it is using. Please refer to your device’s owner manual.
  • When paired to a computer, be sure that the headset is selected as the playback default (see Question 24).
Rocketfish Support

Question 21: My wireless headset will not control the volume. I can’t turn the volume up or down.

• Make sure the volume on your audio source (e.g. computer, MP3 player, phone) is turned up to at least 50% of its volume level.
  • Your headphone batteries may be dead. Try recharging your headphones.
Rocketfish Support

Question 22: The sound/audio is really quiet coming out of my wireless headset.

Make sure the volume on your audio source (e.g. computer, MP3 player, phone) is turned up to at least 50% of its volume level.

Rocketfish Support

Question 23: There is a long, low tone that repeats every 30 seconds.

[ Edited ]
  • Your battery is low. Recharge your headset.

• For steps on how to recharge your headset using a computer see Question 11.
      •   
      • For steps on how to recharge your headset using the AC wall adapter see Question 12.
Rocketfish Support

Question 24: Sound still comes from computer when headset is connected/Set as playback default

[ Edited ]

Windows XP:

1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
  2. Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices.
  3. Click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
  4. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio or Bluetooth Stereo Audio from the Sound recording list. Also, select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list if it is an option.

Windows Vista:

2. Click Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click Manage audio devices under Sound.
  4. Click the Playback tab, then select Speakers 2-Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  5. Click the Recording tab, then highlight Headset Microphone 2-Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  6. Click OK.

Windows 7:

2. Click Hardware and Sound, then click Manage audio devices under Sound.
  3. Under the Recording tab, select Headset Microphone Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  4. Under the Playback tab, select Speakers Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  5. Click OK.

Mac:

1. Click the System Preferences, then click Sound.
  2. Select RF-MAB2 under Output and Input.
Rocketfish Support

Question 25: The buttons on my headset are not controlling my device.

• In multi-pairing mode, some functions may be restricted depending on the devices paired to the headset.
  • If you pair both a phone and an MP3 player, the device you pair last has priority. For example, if you pair a phone, then pair an MP3 player, the MP3 player controls the buttons on your headset. So, you can answer the phone while listening to music, but you cannot use the phone’s redial or voice recognition functions.
  • After the device with priority is shut off or unpaired, you may have to re-pair the second device for the headset buttons to regain control.
Rocketfish Support

Question 26: The microphone is not working/Set as recording default.

[ Edited ]
  2. Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices.
  3. Click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
  4. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio or Bluetooth Stereo Audio from the Sound recording list. Also, select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list if it is an option.

Windows Vista:

2. Click Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click Manage audio devices under Sound.
  4. Click the Recording tab, then select Headset Microphone 2-Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  5. Click the Playback tab, then select Speakers 2-Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  6. Click OK.

Windows 7:

2. Click Hardware and Sound, then click Manage audio devices under Sound.
  3. Under the Recording tab, select Headset Microphone Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  4. Under the Playback tab, select Speakers Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and click Set Default.
  5. Click OK.

Mac:

1. Click the System Preferences and click Sound.
  2. Select RF-MAB2 under Output and Input.
Rocketfish Support

Question 27: What Bluetooth profiles are supported by this headset?

This headset supports Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP.

Rocketfish Support

Question 28: Where can I get drivers for this headset?

Drivers are not required for this headset; however, the headset will work with any Bluetooth device that is Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP.

Rocketfish Support

Question 29: My headset did not come with a manual.

[ Edited ]