How to install spare earpads of RF-MAB2

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The earpads of my RF-MAB2 just came off and I would like to know how to replace them with the spare ones that came with it. There's an arrow on the plastic below the earpads. It seems like it wants me to rotate it but it doesn't. How can I remove this plastic to install the spare pads?

Rocketfish Support

Re: How to install spare earpads of RF-MAB2

Hello Navios,

Welcome to the Rocketfish™ Community!

You can find complete instructions for replacing the ear pads in the User Manual. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Regards,
John
Rocketfish™ Support

It would would have been much more useful for you to anser the question instead of directing us to More research.  Would you mind doing that for the customers?

Thank you

Rocketfish Support

Hello mytwosonnys,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

The reason John referred you to the product page is within the manual it has steps and images to help make the replacement as easy as possible. Unfortunately the forum will not allow image posting, so the steps that are listed in the manual are:
1. Rotate the earphone cover counterclockwise and remove the earphone cover.

2. Remove the earpad fabric from the earphone cover.

3. Place the new earpad around the earphone cover, making sure that the tabs in the earphone cover are visible in the openings of the new earpad.

4. Connect the earphone to the headset, making sure the tabs in the earphone align with the holes in the headset. Rotate the earphone cover clockwise until it locks into place.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Do you have any suggestions for removing the earphone cover once the foam has deteriorated and has bonded with the body and the cover. I'm fairly strong, but I cannon rotate that ring. I hesitate to use a solvent because that would also dissolve the plastic the headset is made from.

Rocketfish Support

[ Edited ]

Hello buns,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Changing out the pads is outlined in page 13 of the users manual, available on the product page on our site. It states to rotate earphone cover counterclockwise and remove the earphone cover. If the earphone cover will not rotate, I would suggest bringing the headset into Best Buy and having the Geek Squad take a look at the unit. 

Do you know when and where you purchased the headset? Do you still have the receipt?

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted

I bought these from a private party some time ago. I spent about 45 minutes with an Exacto knife and managed to dig out the bonded rubber from the old pads. As I understand it, replacement pads are not available, so will attempt to use generic round 40mm pads.

Thanks for the reply.