Visitor

RF-G1171 + Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just bought RF-G1171 MHL to my table(Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition which is SM-P601 model) today. I did everything step by step from the user manual. I can see the screen and sound on PC monitor with HDMI port. But I have 2 issues.

Problems

1.   The screen is not FULL screen. I test RF-G1171 with my PC monitor and TV. They both are Full HD 1080p. The result is the same. 

2.   RF-G1171 won't charge my tablet while I am using it with my PC monitor or TV. RF-G1171 charges my tablet while I turn off my tablet. 

What it is working with  RF-G1171

1. I can see screen from my tablet at PC monitor or TV.

2. I can hear the sound from PC monitor and TV.

I read the ads on the product box. It said "supports 1080p Full HD" and "Simultaneously charge your phone".  At the user manual suggests to use the orignial charger from phone/tablet product. I use Samsung charger.

Can you help me to solve the problems?

NOTE: if this product won't work as the ads for my tablet model, can you suggest other products you have that will work for sure?

Thanks

Apple

Visitor

Re: RF-G1171 + Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition issue

My update:

Return the product to store

Rocketfish Support

Re: RF-G1171 + Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition issue

[ Edited ]

Hello Apple,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

It is unfortunate that you were not able to get it working.

The size of the picture doesnt have anything to do with the resolution. The reason it may not have shown as full screen is because it is showing the tablet screen on the TV, and they are different aspect ratios. That tablet uses a 16:10 aspect ratio and this TV is a 16:9 aspect ratio. Because of this difference, you wil either have blank areas on the sides of the screen, or cut off portions of the top and bottom of the picture. You may be able to stretch the image by adjusting it on the TV settings. 

The Rocketfish adapter should charge the tablet once it is all connected. A micro USB charger needs to be connected from the wall to the Rocketfish adapter. If it charges, using the Rocketfish adapter, while the tablet is off, then we know it is all connected correctly. The tablet was probably just using power faster than it could charge. You would just need make some adjustments to lower the power usage. 

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support