Rocketfish Support

Re: mhl adapter wont work with my samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0

Hello Rairin,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

The Galaxy Tab 7.0 is not MHL capable. It your tablet is the Tab 2, 3, or 4 though you may want to double check with Samsung to see if they are MHL capable.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

I had rockfish   RF-1171 MHL adapter  for over 4 months and it does work with my samsung galaxy s5 since I purchased it from bestbuy

, i just got a new Samsung galaxy tab A but it doesn't work for it and I tried to remove the rocketfish extension for Samsung products thinking maybe it could work but still the same, it didn't work. What can do to make it work 

Rocketfish Support

Hello Mjfortj,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Lets try running through the entire connection process. Turn the tablet and TV off. Connect the Rocketfish adapter to the power cable. Then connect the HDMI cable to the TV. Connect the rocketfish adapter, without the additional Samsung adapter, to the tablet. Turn on the TV and change to the correct input. Then turn the tablet on. This should get all devices working in sync. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

mhl adapter wont work with my samsung galaxy s4

I recently got this device. By this time my galaxy s4 is several years old so I don't know what the issue is. I do know that everything I've read thus far has gotten me nowhere. I've tried the HDMI reset with the unplugging and turning devices off several times and even used several HDMI cables. I'm using a Panasonic TV if that changes anything. The charge comes to the phone however the adapter is rather finicky in the sense it doesn't like to stay on however will stay if I set it down therefore continuously getting a charge. Theres no case on the phone. When I plug everything in there is no signal, no pop up saying its connected to HDMI. Im at a loss for help. Is there anything else that could help?
Highlighted
Rocketfish Support

Re: mhl adapter wont work with my samsung galaxy s4

Hello Dalton,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Can you provide the model number for the MHL adapter that you have? It will start with RF-.

Make sure to follow the instructions exactly. With the Samsung S4 you will need to use the additional Samsung adapter. 

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support