Rocketfish Support

Re: mhl adapter wont work with my samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0

Hello JohnnyManpower,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

From the research I'm seeing, the Nexus 5 uses a USB style cord called microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort), USB Host, USB On-the-go. but not a MHL adapter. From what I see, for your phone you will need a SlimPort to HDMI.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Does rockfish make one?
Rocketfish Support

[ Edited ]

Hello JohnnyManpower,

Thank you the question!

Unfortunately, we do not. Best Buy has some available thru Marketplace Merchants. I found quite a few through a general Google search for "SlimPort to USB cable".

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Could you send me a link to the best buy products you found online that support my phone. Pls and thank u. I searched but not finding what your said to look for. Thanks

I am not getting any power to my adapter either. I tried HDMI reset in the previous message, however it still is not getting any power. Any other suggestions?

Rocketfish Support

Hello Jasy,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

To clarify, you should be plugging your Tablet charging cable into the small port on the MHL adapter near the cord that plugs into your tablet. This charges your tablet while in use, but is not required for the adapter to transfer signal.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Ok thanks. So the adapter does not necessarily need a power source, so then there must be another issue. No signal is getting to my tv & I have everything plugged in according to the directions. Are there any common mistakes people make?
Rocketfish Support

Hello Jasy,

Thank you for responding!

In most cases it is a setting on the Source Device(Tablet) that needs to be enabled for it to send audio/video through the Micro USB port. It may be a display setting labeled Screen Mirroring, it may be that it will send signal from some apps but not others. I would suggest trying to Adapter with a few different devices(phone, different tablet) to verify functionality, and then follow up with your tablet manufacturer for additional support.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Ok I'll sign in further. Thank you for your help, Jon.

Hello I would like to ask a question? Would this product work for samsung tab 7.0