Accepted Solution

Burning smell on lighted charge/sync cable with lightning connector

I bought a new charger for my iPhone 5 at 2 PM on Wednesday, December 11. It's 8:40 AM on Thursday, December 12 and the device smells heavily of burnt plastic and won't function at all. Also, the only time I used it, it only charged my phone to 85% before the smell came and it stopped functioning. My model number is RF-LASC5W. I charge my phone using my computer due to limited outlets in my room. My computer (2009 MacBook Pro) also gave me an error stating that my USB ports were disabled and I had to remove the USB device using too much power to re-activate them. The only thing I had plugged in was the device in question.

Any tips on what to do? I work in news and desperately need my phone.

Regular Contributor

Re: Burning smell on lighted charge/sync cable with lightning connector

Hello Chill, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm very sorry that your RF-LASC5W is not working. Please contact us this weekend, so that our Rocketfish Support team can further assist you towards getting a replacement.

U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico: 1-800-620-2790
Mexico: 01-800-926-3010

We’re here to answer your requests daily from 7 am - 12 am CST. 

Regards, 
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Great. Thank you so much.
Do you have a recommended time to call? I've been trying to call today and I've only gotten that there is a high level of calls and mine can't be processed.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Chill, 

You're very welcome. I would recommend as early as possible on the weekend. 

Regards, 
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support