Lighted Lightning to USB for Apple Products

I have now been through 2 different cables and have had the same issues with both, so I wanted to warn users of the iPhone 5S.  I plug these cables into the USB port in my car, and the phone starts behaving as if I'm plugging in and unplugging the cable over and over and never continuously charges. When I plug it into my computer instead, it charges just fine until I receive any sort of notification and it does that same behavior about 6 times and then goes back to normal charging. I have no issue with the NON-lighted versions of the Rocketfish cables in either place, only the lighted versions.

I will also note that I have seen other posts elsewhere of folks having issues with other power-related accessories (like a Mophie Juicepack) having issues similar to this after upgrading to iOS7. So I can't say for sure if it's an iOS7 thing or a iPhone 5S thing. Either way, the second cable is going  back and I'm getting a refund this time.

Regular Contributor

Re: Lighted Lightning to USB for Apple Products

Hello brentd, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I'm very sorry that you've had such problems with your Rocketfish product. Just to be sure, what is the model number of your Rocketfish product? 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Model is RF-LASC5W

Regular Contributor

Hello brentd,

Thank you for the information.  If have forwarded your experience onto our engineering team for investigation.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Regular Contributor

Hello again brentd-

I just wanted to ensure that everything is up to date. It is my understanding that after communicating with Cory and the Engineering team, is that the issue is with the iOS 7, not the cable itself. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

I returned the cable the second time and am using your non-lighted cable with no issues. I can't help but think it has something to do with the extra voltage required to power the lighting in the cable and different USB ports supplying different voltages.
Regular Contributor

Hello again brentd, 

Okay, well thank you for the update. As previously advised, we will be sure to pass this along to the engineering team, so they can be aware of your feedback. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support