RF-LASC5W burning and malfunctioning

Anybody ever had problems with these? I have 2 that basically over heated and now no longer work. One won't charge at all and the other one smells like burned plastic and kinda works but when it wants to charge and or sync to my iTunes I get a pop up that says this USB isn't supportive or it malfunctioning and the lights no longer come on. So was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and should I be worried that my house is going to burn down if I leave it plugged in
Rocketfish Support

Re: RF-LASC5W burning and malfunctioning

Hello Silverray76,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many problems with the charger cable. The overheating would definitely be worrisome. Have you had it exchanged twice at the same location you purchased it?

Regards,

Maria

Rocketfish™ Support

No I went out and bought another one the 1st time it died best buy dosent keep track of recipts on there system like my past job does. Looks like I'll have to buy another one
Highlighted
Rocketfish Support

[ Edited ]

Hello again Silverray76,

Thank you for your reply. Records of receipts are kept, and they should be able to assist you in finding it. Otherwise please send an e-mail to online.communities@bestbuy.com with your name, date of purchase, location, total amount paid, and form of payment, and they will be able to do a search for you. If it is still under manufacturer warranty, they can also assist you in having it exchanged for the same one, or the new 3' Lightning Charge-and-Sync Cable that is now available. 

Hope this information is helpful, and please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Regards, 

Maria

Rocketfish™ Support